Guest guest Posted December 26, 2002 Report Posted December 26, 2002 Quoting backbayyoga <no_reply>: > <html><body> > > > <tt> > get the first series....that can be a life time of practice for many. <BR> > do not do second or 3rd without a teacher.<BR> > <BR> > ashtanga yoga, "twixbars2002 <BR> > <twixbars2002>" <twixbars2002> wrote:<BR> > > I am looking for some advice. <BR> > > <BR> > > I have been practicing power yoga for awhile from all three of the <BR> > > Bryan Kest videos and am on the third one now. I have also done <BR> > other <BR> > > select videos by Rodney Yee. I have been doing research on the <BR> > > difference between power yoga and ashtanga yoga and have come up <BR> > with <BR> > > a lot of information.<BR> > > <BR> > > My question is...If I get the Ashtanga yoga primary series from <BR> > > Richard Freeman, will I be basically doing the same moves/poses <BR> > that <BR> > > I have been doing, or should I go with the next tape, the 2nd and <BR> > 3rd <BR> > > series? <BR> > > <BR> > > Thanks<BR> > <BR> > <BR> > </tt> > > > <br> > <tt> > <BR> > ashtanga yoga<BR> > <BR> > </tt> > <br> > > <br> > <tt><a > href=""> Terms of Service</a>.</tt> > </br> > > </body></html> > > The best thing to do is get a teacher (if you can),get away from the videos only use them for reference ,if you practice wrongly with videos youll end up hurting yourself only a teacher will be able to see what maybe wrong or right and will be able to help you make it alot easier,goodluck ---------------- This mail sent through SE Net Webmail http://webmail.senet.com.au Quote
Guest guest Posted February 7, 2003 Report Posted February 7, 2003 hello!!! I he been doing Ashtanga yoga for over a year and I've been to poweryoga classes and i believe there is a difference. ashtanga yoga, there are 67 asanas that are in a sequence ALL THE TIME!!! this sequence (1st series) is called yoga therapy. it's a healing process for cleansing and toning the mind body and senses. I think you will enjoy the tape by RIchard Freeman!!! you will see the difference!! namaste Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.