Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Frederico

"I will not go further into this as any discussion with you is to me a

complete waste of time. Although your points are put clearly, you

are always criticizing others. I do not want to discuss in such a

frame of mind."

I am sorry if you feel that it was to criticize you. I would not want to do so under any circumstances. I shall withdraw from this discussion. I am sure, you must have a valid point to make and am sorry to interfere with that..

At the same time, I wonder where scientists say that everything is matter. I am sure talk of energy, light etc. is clearly saying it aloud that matter is not all. Yet, since I donot understand what you are saying, I shall leave the subject to you to continue further and shall not interfere anymore. I am sorry for having offended you in any way. Rest assured that I have a great deal of respect for you and donot wish to simply criticize you.

Very frankly, I entered this forum only with an intention of making good fri with the community of Advaitists as I have a deep regard for them and Sankara. I have only intended to be part of a Sangha of Advaitists. It is clear that misunderstandings are surely possible even in Sanghas. I wish to express my heartfelt remorse in having caused any stress or lament or sorrow to any brother or sister here.

If members find my presence here uncomfortable, I shall leave the forum to avoid any further distress. I am deeply sorry for this. It is said that the one who dishonors the worthy ones on the path of Dhamma, has committed the worst crime of all. I am sorry to have hurt any members' feelings here.

-Bhikku Yogi

Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make  PC-to-Phone Calls using Messenger with Voice.

Discussion of Shankara's Advaita Vedanta Philosophy of nonseparablity of Atman and Brahman.

Advaitin Homepage at: Terms of Service.

Guest guest

Dear All,

I am a kg student in this school of advaita and have been enjoying the " discussions"

I feel very (sad?)  that some of our friends feel bit dissatisfied with querries or dissent.

But if there is no dissent, how can we learn? afterall, thru'out the teachings, it is the question and answere method is adopted and depending on the level or grade of the student, the questions may look as though foolish, generally acceptable or intelligent.

But if questioning is not permitted, even if it looks asthough foolish, then we may be entering into an area of doctrination...and  i also think that  advaita clearly ask us all to learn to grow...not to just believe.

Also, being on web, where we feel not happy with questioning, we are free to ignore that, some one who feels like may take it up from there so that the discussions could continue... though it is not very good to be that way.

We are all  adults - not merely by age, but by our learning experience that we have been undergoing and hope the discussions will become more interesting when more dissent and counters are available for us - poor - kg students

So my humble request to dear Frederico and Bikkuji is not to take it to heart and continue the discussions.

I was astounded to see such a subject - "science and ....." coming up for discussions and i was keenly following it and i am very sure there are many like me who read, read and read, but do not write very often as we know we are kg students only.

Kindly do continue and ...NEVER  HAVE  FEELING OF HURT  OR GUILT..

after all, that is also what we learn from some of the upanishads

hope that they will not leave the forum and continue to bless us with their veiws as that is the most educating to us..

humbly yours all

pairam

Dear Frederico

"I will not go further into this as any discussion with you is to me a

complete waste of time. Although your points are put clearly, you

are always criticizing others. I do not want to discuss in such a

frame of mind."

I am sorry if you feel that it was to criticize you. I would not want to do so under any circumstances. I shall withdraw from this discussion. I am sure, you must have a valid point to make and am sorry to interfere with that..

At the same time, I wonder where scientists say that everything is matter. I am sure talk of energy, light etc. is clearly saying it aloud that matter is not all. Yet, since I donot understand what you are saying, I shall leave the subject to you to continue further and shall not interfere anymore. I am sorry for having offended you in any way. Rest assured that I have a great deal of respect for you and donot wish to simply criticize you.

Very frankly, I entered this forum only with an intention of making good fri with the community of Advaitists as I have a deep regard for them and Sankara. I have only intended to be part of a Sangha of Advaitists. It is clear that misunderstandings are surely possible even in Sanghas. I wish to express my heartfelt remorse in having caused any stress or lament or sorrow to any brother or sister here.

If members find my presence here uncomfortable, I shall leave the forum to avoid any further distress. I am deeply sorry for this. It is said that the one who dishonors the worthy ones on the path of Dhamma, has committed the worst crime of all. I am sorry to have hurt any members' feelings here.

-Bhikku Yogi

Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make  PC-to-Phone Calls using Messenger with Voice.

Discussion of Shankara's Advaita Vedanta Philosophy of nonseparablity of Atman and Brahman.

Guest guest

Dear Frederico,

Surely I am not offended nor have I any reason to leave this forum left. I shall however be leaving this forum formally sometime in the future for me to pursue the path to Nibbana in seclusion and keep myself away from any Sangha also. I think it is normal for everyone to expect that of a newly ordained Bhikku. I would have only felt bad had I truly hurt someone during the period of my initial training.

I am not any scholar of any philosophy. So if you can't understand what I say, perhaps I am not saying it well. Anyway, my best wishes to you in pursuing your study of Buddhist terms. Just a note by the way, the word, samma in Pali is an equivalent of the Sanskrit term "samyak" meaning 'consummate' or 'well-done' or 'well-practiced'. So Samma-samadhi means consummate at Samadhi. Samma-sambuddha is the Pali equivalent of the Sanskrit term 'Samyak Sambuddha' or 'consummate in the wisdom of Nibbana'.

Just some thoughts. If you have read otherwise, perhaps you should disregard my words. Very best of luck to you.

-Bhikku Yogi

Mail goes everywhere you do.  Get it on your phone.