IndiaDivine.org

(Surya Siddhanta) Vedic concept of time - 4 (conclusion)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

SrI:

Jai Sriman nArAyaNA!

One Kalpa is said to be half a day for Lord Brahma. Hence one day of Lord

Brahma is equal to 864 crore ( 8.64 Billion) solar years. The name of the

present Kalpa is Sweta Varaha. In the present Kalpa, six Manvantaras plus

Sandhis have been completed and the seventh Manvantara by name Vyvaswata

Manvantara is running. In this Manvantara, 27 Maha Yugas are over and we are in

the twentieth (28). In this 28th Maha Yuga, three Yugas are past and the fourth,

that is Kali Yuga's first quadrant started about 5005 years ago. This is the

reason why before commencing any puja, ritual or vrata (worship), we start

invoking the Gods, reminding ourselves of the time elapsed to date, by chanting

the Sankalpa thus.

SANKALPAM

Adya Brahmanah, Dwiteeya Parardhe, Sri Sweta Varaha Kalpe, Vyvaswata Manvantare,

Kali Yuge, Prathama Pade, Jambu Dweepe, Bharata varshe,..

and so on.

The author (Sri Rao) concludes:

I wish to impress upon the readers that in the Vedic system, the measurement of

time ranges from the smallest Truit (3,240,000th part of a second) to a Day of

Lord Brahma (8.64 Billion solar years). This detailed visualization of time is

unique to the Hindu system, unequalled by any other system in the world. I

salute to the intelligence of the ancient scholars of our country.

....Concluded.

nArAyaNA!

( Article from the souvenir "Vigraha Pratishthapana and Kumbhabhishekam

Celebrations" Sri Venkateswara temple, Bridgewater, NJ, June 1998.

Author:K.V.Mallikharjuna Rao B.E,B.Ed, M.A.)

• 3 years later...
Guest guest

Your article was precise and good for a souvenir, but I had hoped to find some detailed logical explanation behind the Surya Siddhaantic divisions of time, which no commentator bothers to even ponder upon. Last year I published some secret portions of Surya Siddhaanta in Hindi, which are orally transmitted to lifelong brahmacharis who do not earn money out of Jyotisha as directed by Lord Manu. As I had expected, professionals decided to forget and bury it, excepting a handful of inquisitive persons, because no worldly wise person knows a single important formula of Surya Siddhaanta. In line with the Christian priest E. Burgess, most of brahmana professors regard it as an outdated book, because it is a compulsory part of post-graduate syllabus in sanskrit universities, and the teachers do not know how to teach it. Hence the grapes are sour. I wasted months over web browsing to see whether any person in the West is seriously interested in understanding Surya Siddhaanta, but I found that everyone is repeating the false ideas of Burgess and Colebrooke about Vedic Jyotisha. Most important fundamental constants of modern astrophysics have been deduced from Surya Siddhaantic foundations and published in Hindi last year, but some influential academics feel insulted that they do not know the subject and therefore have tacitly ganged up against Surya Siddhaanta, preventing any serious and impartiaL discussion. Developers of softwares based on modern astronomy do not answer my emails when I claim that perfect prediction is possible only on the basis of Surya Siddhaantic software which is freely available in the market (but not given to everyone).

Is it not a trait of Kaliyuga that professors of Jyotisha who are supposedly being paid for teaching Surya Siddhaanta are dead against any attempt to give it a trial, just because they have declared throughout their career that it is an outdated text ? How can they now accept that they taught wrong ideas borrowed from colonial masters. "Enlightened" adherents of scienticism solemnly declare that my views are obscurantist, and refuse any discussion. The prejudice against ancients is so great that even when horoscopes made on the basis of this Secret Version of Surya Siddhaanta turn out to be perfectly true, people refuse to acknowledge it on the ground that the whole world is against Surya Siddhaanta ? Is this view of scienticists scientific ? I have innumerable proofs in favour of the correctness of Surya Siddhaanta for the fruition of Phalit Jyotisha, but very few people listen. One reason is that I do not sell my books or my softwares, hence it is not possible for me to advertise my views on a wide level. I hope you will give some advice. - vinayjhaa@gmail.com