IndiaDivine.org

DEVOTEES' EXPERIENCES OF SRI SAI BABA BY H.H. NARASIMHA SWAMIJI - PART III

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sairam,

Devotees Experiences - Das Ganu Maharaj

When I first went with Nana G.Chandorkar to see Sai Baba, that was out of a desire to ingratiate myself with N.G.C. and with no particular desire to see Sai Baba or esteem for him. I had no spiritual or other temporal desire or object in seeing Baba. One year later, I chanced to see Vaman Sashi Islarnpurkar, an old Brahmin of Islampur near Osmanabad (N.S) a graduate (of the Madras University) and a married man. I had to attend upon him at Saigonda in obedience of my superior's orders. Finding him to be highly devout and spiritually advanced and believing that a Guru was necessary to obtain Moksha, I asked him to give me Upadesh as and he agreed. He gave me Siva Mantra Upadesh as desired by me, for then I was an out and out Shivbhakta. He told me to go on with my Mantra. I then asked him as I was visiting Sai, whether that was harmful. He said that no harm could arise if one was firm in his faith, whatever Saints he visited. I asked him what sort of person Sai Baba was

and he replied that he had himself visited Shirdi and stayed with Baba for three days, that Baba was a great Saint and Ramabhaktas, whom none had yet properly understood and that people would get to know and appreciate him later on. With this estimation in my view I had more regard for Baba and I went to him with more faith.

Two years after my Mantropadesh, I received a letter from my Guru that I should proceed to Bhusaval to meet him. There he told me that he was proceeding to Kasi where he would have his final Samadhi six months later, i.e., on the following Jyeshta Vadya Ekadashi. His object in sending for me was that I should perform his funeral rites. The Guru shed tears as he said this. I came home and found that the Guru had sent me 500 rupees notes by insured post intended for the celebration of the funerals etc., and a letter containing his last Will and Testament. On the Ekadashi day in ques­tion, I got a wire from Kasi mentioning th Guru's death on that day. From that date. I am performing that Guru's anni­versary on that Tithi. I told Sai Baba of it and He approved.

To Be contd ---

DEVOTEES CAN READ THIS BOOK FROM THE BOOK SECTION OF

WWW.SAILEELAS.ORG/BOOKS/EXPPART3.HTM

Jiyo cricket on India cricket

Messenger Mobile Stay in touch with your buddies all the time.