IndiaDivine.org

AVASTHATRAYA OR TRI-BASIC VIEW OF LIFE

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

H.N.Sreenivas Murthy

Pranams to all of you.

I would verymuch like to draw the attention of the members to   a very important point. What is the one and only purpose of Avasthatraya prakriye.

It is to REALIZE AND COGNIZE OUR TRUE NATURE  AND NOT ABOUT AVASTHAS THEMSELVES.Avasthas are used as a tool to get rid of the BASIC DELUSION  i.e. we are limted beings or entities. This point has been made very clear by Sri Shankara  in his introduction to fourth chapter  third brahmana Mantra 1 of Brihadaranyaka Upanishad . There he writes: By a detailed inquiry of the states of waking, dream and deep sleep states it has to be established that  (a) Atman exists, (b) he transcends the psychosomatic apparatus, © he is self-luminous, (d) he is advaita etc.

From the above it is clear that the only purpose of the inquiry is for realizing our true nature and for nothing else. The 12 points or sutras given in the second posting of mine help the sincere and serious mumukshus to attain the ultimate goal in the most direct and easiest way.Please study what has been stated in those lines, but also in between the lines.

A very well known Sage of the 20th century says:

Quote:

The three states, Viz. waking, dream and deep sleep, give us lessons capable of establishing us in the Ultimate Truth. But it needs a Karuna Guru to direct our attention to those lessons and to interpret them correctly.

The lessons of dream and waking states is, that it is, that One Consciousness, my real nature, that divides itself into the subject series and object series, and that I am WITNESS toall mentations.

The lessons of deep sleep is that I get to my real nature of peace and Consciousness when I transcend body, senses and mind.

The knowledge one happens to have about one's own Self can never be indirect. The knowledge that obtains as a result of adopting any of the prakriyas like examination of the three states, Seer-Seen viveka etc.,is DECIDEDLY DIRECT SELF-EXPERIENCE itself. This is made possible by listening to the Truth from the lips of the Karuna Guru, with a deep sense of earnestness and sincerity on the part of the aspirant.

UNQUOTE.

. Let us not waste any more time in indulging  in useless and fruitless arguements and counter arguements. They do not lead us anywhere.Such things become the Greatest obstacle in our spiritual Journey. Let us heed to the advise Of Sri Shakara in whose name the group has started.

I am sharing the thoughts which arose when I was going through some of the responses to my second posting. I beg  to be pardoned if  I  have  violated the laws of the group by writing like this .

With warm and respectful regards,

Sreenivasa Murthy.

Jiyo cricket on India cricket

Messenger Mobile Stay in touch with your buddies all the time.

Discussion of Shankara's Advaita Vedanta Philosophy of nonseparablity of Atman and Brahman.

Advaitin Homepage at: Terms of Service.