IndiaDivine.org

Chanting LS so long

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sir,

It is understandable that for bhukti, one needs to have a guide and meticulously practicing and mastering.

I believe my chanting of LS for so long should have taken me to guide-practice and mastery by now. What do you think ?

What is your advice sir, shall I leave it at this, it is of going nowhere!

Please advice.

thanks,

sriram

sankara menon <kochu1tz > wrote:

Tantra in teh SVU path grants bhukti and mukti. But when one is looking at Bhkti- worldly aims, then one has to learn the techniques with carefully set rules and regulations. To learn those one has to have a tacher who has tread that path. Once we have that then careful practice at mastering is called for. Once mastered it shall give bhukti if the person still desires it.

It is like learning any other dicipline. One learns under teachers and then knows what to do. Medicine every one believes. But reading books if you start practicing; what happens? It may or maynot work. may even give negative results. Same is the story of the path.

Puneet Gulati <puneetgulati05 > wrote:

With due respect. Till now no one is able to answer my question.

By definition, tantra is a set procedure to comminucate with GOD. No one practice Tantra without having any specific goal in mind.

Most of the people get attracted to Tantra, when they are in trouble or in a situation, where no one else seems to be helping.

And Tantra being so systematic, doesn't have a set goal ????? How come???

How people will measure their success or failure, if they do not achieve the result for what they are doing certain things? Don't ask - Achieve What?

It could be anything? Some people are doing it to get a employment, some to win over their enemy, some for some other purpose.

With all the set rules to practice, where are the set method to measure ones success??

I am more confused than before.

I cannot believe than no one has the in depth knowledge OR 'WILL' to explain it.

Puneet

N

------------------------ Sponsor --------------------~-->

Join modern day disciples reach the disfigured and poor with hope and healing

http://us.click./lMct6A/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/XUWolB/TM

--~->

<*>

/

<*>

<*> Your

Guest guest

Chanting LS in a nishkama way will lead to finding the right guru provided your karmas permit it. If not, chant on so that your prarabhdha karma is reduced leading to the right guru at the right time. If the chanting was sakama, it will lead nowhere for a longer period.

SRIRAMA DONGRE <sriramadongre > wrote: Sir,

It is understandable that for bhukti, one needs to have a guide and meticulously practicing and mastering.

I believe my chanting of LS for so long should have taken me to guide-practice and mastery by now. What do you think ?

Please advice.

thanks,

sriram

Tantra in teh SVU path grants bhukti and mukti. But when one is looking at Bhkti- worldly aims, then one has to learn the techniques with carefully set rules and regulations. To learn those one has to have a tacher who has tread that path. Once we have that then careful practice at mastering is called for. Once mastered it shall give bhukti if the person still desires it.

It is like learning any other dicipline. One learns under teachers and then knows what to do. Medicine every one believes. But reading books if you start practicing; what happens? It may or maynot work. may even give negative results. Same is the story of the path.

By definition, tantra is a set procedure to comminucate with GOD. No one practice Tantra without having any specific goal in mind.

Most of the people get attracted to Tantra, when they are in trouble or in a situation, where no one else seems to be helping.

How people will measure their success or failure, if they do not achieve the result for what they are doing certain things? Don't ask - Achieve What?

It could be anything? Some people are doing it to get a employment, some to win over their enemy, some for some other purpose.

With all the set rules to practice, where are the set method to measure ones success??

I cannot believe than no one has the in depth knowledge OR 'WILL' to explain it.

Puneet

N

Devi Traditions Divine

Visit your group "" on the web.

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

------------------------ Sponsor --------------------~-->

Join modern day disciples reach the disfigured and poor with hope and healing

http://us.click./lMct6A/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/XUWolB/TM

--~->

<*>

/

<*>

<*> Your

Guest guest

Sir,

I understand your answer, but can't hold back from asking further.

Can't this work instantly? she is "Kshipra-prasadiniSadyah-prasadini".

I am already late, crossed 40.

And with sakama it does not work, and with nishkama why do I do this as I should expect nothing ?

thanks,

sriram

Chanting LS in a nishkama way will lead to finding the right guru provided your karmas permit it. If not, chant on so that your prarabhdha karma is reduced leading to the right guru at the right time. If the chanting was sakama, it will lead nowhere for a longer period.

Please advice.

thanks,

sriram

Puneet

N

------------------------

Guest guest

, SRIRAMA DONGRE

<sriramadongre wrote:

>

> Sir,

>

> I understand your answer, but can't hold back from asking

further.

>

> Can't this work instantly? she is "Kshipra-prasadiniSadyah-

prasadini".

>

> I am already late, crossed 40.

>

> And with sakama it does not work, and with nishkama why do I do

this as I should expect nothing?

>

> thanks,

> sriram

............. because you do not deserve it!!! Simple logic.

------------------------

Guest guest

SRIRAMA DONGRE : I understand your answer, but can't hold back from

asking further. Can't this work instantly? she is "Kshipra-

prasadiniSadyah-prasadini". I am already late, crossed 40.

And with sakama it does not work, and with nishkama why do I do

this as I should expect nothing?

NMadasamy wrote:... because you do not deserve it!!! Simple logic

SRIRAMA DONGRE wrote: Sir,Ok, I am bad and don't deserve it. Sir,

is there a way out for me? Please help.

Now allow me to share a conversation I had with one of the member of

SS. Im given permission. N is me, A = the anonymous member

N : my instincts tell me when i first read this guy/s message, he is

not honest, he is not sincere. He comes here to question how

reliable is our devi that is the point.He is saying : ive chanting

many time no effect as such ure mantra is lousy, also means ure devi

is lousy and not reliable.

A : EXACTLY. I felt it too...BECOZ AFTER CHANTING THE LS SO MANY

TIMES HIS HEART WOULD BE SOFT AS BUTTER! and he could not even tell

any falsehood

You really remind me of a character: krishnacow , still a member of

SS who claim to be a women but actually a young man, who put up a

naked pic of a women painted like a cow in his Id, with her legs all

spread apart. This person thereafter im me and said : A lot of

members in Shakti Sadhana chatted with me... they only want to talk

abt sex... and that Shakti Sadhana is full of pervert.

------------------------

Guest guest

Stop worrying about rewards and just do it.

-

SRIRAMA DONGRE

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 12:56 AM

Re: Re: Chanting LS so long

Sir,

Ok, I am bad and don't deserve it. Sir, is there a way out for me? Please help.

Thanks,

sriram

------------------------

Guest guest

"I almost wanted to tell him, you do not deserve it because you're

intention are never good, you are never honest and never sincere. As

such no matter what you do you will never get anything"

My apology to all again. I shall take my leave for awhile.

Nora Nora Nora.... so high you were as moderator to fall so low now.... ;)

------------------------

Guest guest

I don't know about that last life stuff. That seems pretty much like wishful thinking. From one recitation? I think based on what you said about hammer blows and cracking, you have contradicted yourself because maybe one recitation isn't quite enough after all, if it isn't, just like one ibuprofen doesn't work for everyone. For instance, I need four at a time. Not that it matters really, if it makes you happy, but why go on repeating patently false nonsense?

-

Janardana Dasa

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 12:43 AM

Re: Chanting LS so long

Sai Baba once gave a story like this:

Spiritual development or merits & demerits (i.e., punya & papa) is stored up in the causal body from life to life, and sadhana can be likened to the hammer used to crack it open just like hardened cement. If there is a lot of punya it may take only a blow or two. But, if there is alot of papa it may take 10, 20, 30, or 40 blows to crack the cement open.

Thus, your case is like the above allegory. It may even take you 30 or 40 blows of the hammer to crack open the cement, whereas it may take some people 2-3. I can only say, don't despair because anyways it is promised that for those fortunate enough to chant the Lalitha Sahasranama even once in a lifetime, IT IS THEIR LAST LIFE.

So therefore, even after 30-40 cracks at the cement with the hammer and you see no immediate effect, you have at least gotten something out of the deal!

My .02 cents.

JANARDANA DASA

SRIRAMA DONGRE <sriramadongre > wrote:

Sir,

And with sakama it does not work, and with nishkama why do I do this as I should expect nothing ?

thanks,

sriram

Please advice.

thanks,

sriram

Puneet

N

------------------------

Guest guest

No effort is ever wasted

Please advice.

thanks,

sriram

------------------------

Guest guest

Sure, with a thousand names that last birth one has to be there somewhere. ;)

Thank you for recognizing my infinite nature as Brahman. Great wise one I am. As are you. So do not be a sorry, oh so small puny mortal.

At any rate, Maharishi says Money is also Brahman, and so he created money in the likeness of Rama.

Brahman is money. This is the command of the Great Seer.

Or wait, time is money. So Brahman, Time and money are money. Sri is money, Kali is money, this is the great wisdom of the ages.

Oh how rich they are who meditate and do nothing! For they fold their money back into their time, though they have no money. While how poor are those with no time and lots of money. They fold their time back into their money, and though they have it all they have nothing left.

This is the internal divodasa, the Purusha sukta, the practice.

If it takes everything that one has then one is free, because one had nothing to begin with.

The sky is your parasol. The earth your shoes. Trees ones shelter. Thy mate ones pillow against too many sharp edges. Or ones cave.

Oh puny one, you have inspired me to sing in compassion for you.

To think that one could sing the Sahasranama and it not be ones last life. But is that really kind to the Mother to think like that? I'm proud to still be here aeon after aeon.... just another yiddisher shmendrick really....

Fact is I really know nothing. If you placed all my thoughts from a lifetime on a scale with a grain of sand the sand will tip it.

-

Janardana Dasa

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 9:10 AM

Re: Chanting LS so long

I AM SORRY GREAT WISE ONE. My intellect is often not sufficient & I sometimes get confused. Maybe I wasn't clear. I said SADHANA, and wasn't directly referring to the LALITHA SAHASRANAMA at the beginning of the allegory. But on the order of the Laitha Sahasranama recitation it is directly stated that if one is so fortunate enough to chant it in a lifetime, it is indeed the last birth.

JANARDANA DASA

Llundrub <llundrub (AT) cox (DOT) net> wrote:

I don't know about that last life stuff. That seems pretty much like wishful thinking. From one recitation? I think based on what you said about hammer blows and cracking, you have contradicted yourself because maybe one recitation isn't quite enough after all, if it isn't, just like one ibuprofen doesn't work for everyone. For instance, I need four at a time. Not that it matters really, if it makes you happy, but why go on repeating patently false nonsense?

------------------------

Guest guest

Thank you sir, Your inspiration made me chant few more times last evening.

Thanks,

Sriram

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh you are late indeed. beyond 40!! wow. I am very young just past 56. I have a codeciple who started at the age of 70. Of course my Guru gave him sadhana that lasted almost 10 hours or so a day - continuously and without any rest or food in between. Thank God she told me do what you can when you can.*wink*.

My dear Sriram forget all these concerns and do what you can when you can and I feel Devi will bless you.

o not think of instant this and that. That may last only an instant.

I am sure you will succeed.

SRIRAMA DONGRE <sriramadongre > wrote:

Sir,

thanks,

sriram

------------------------