IndiaDivine.org

Panguni Uthtaram Celebration @ Emperumanar Sannidhi Alwarthriunagari.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Srimathe Ramanujaya Nama:

Alwar Emperumanar Jeeyar Thiruvadigale Saranam

Dear Bhagavathas,

It's pleasure to introduce myself to this esteem Ramanuja group. I feel blessed to get such opportunity to address this gathering. My father Sri Ramanujam Iyengar is Srikariyam of Emperumanar Sannidhi, Alwarthirunagari. I was briefed by my father to do a write up on Emperumanar Sannidhi's activities to this group. This write up should be taken as one of the anubhavam (Experience) of emperumanar bhaktha and I hope the bhagavathas of this group will take this write up in a good spirit. I am solely responsible for the any mistakes in this write-up and I request the bhagavathas of this group to bare with me.

Panguni Uthtaram Celebration at Emperumanar Sannidhi, Alwarthirunagari:

Panguni uthtaram celebration in emperumanar Sannadhi, Alwarthirunagari is little different than that of srirangam. Here, Nachiyar (Andal), emperumanar Sannidhiku elunthuAruluvar (Visit Emperumanar Sannidhi). During this day, brother-sister Sampantham is more emphasized. On this day Seththu Ghosti and Thirupavadai Sevai is more significant here. On the same panguni uthtaram day in srirangam, Emperumanar recites Gadyatrayam to attain the supreme lord through blessing of Thayar. Here the bhavam is Jeevathma - paramathma bhavam and this day is celebrated in the same bhavam in srirangam. Where as in Alwarthirunagari, on the same day it is Sagothara-Sagothari bhavam (Brother & sister) and there is no samparathayam of reciting Gadyatrayam during this Seththi. During this Seththi, Ghosti recites Nachiyar ThiruMozhi and particularly more emphasis for the following ThiruMozhi(9-6).

narunarum pozhil mAlirunchOlai nambikku nAn

nooru thadAvil vennai vAinErindhu parAvivaiththEn

nooru thadA niraindha akkAravadisil sonnEn

AruthiruvudaiyAn endru vandhu evai kollungolO

Mandagapadi and Prasadam distribution follows this Ghosti. This Ghosti is headed by emperumanar Jeeyar His Holiness Vainatheya Ramanuja Jeeyar. This festivity was celebrated without any compromises to the Samparathayam.

Alwar Emperumanar Jeeyar Thiruvadigale Saranam.

Brief History of Andal & Emperumanar Sambantham.

Srivaishnava's used to refer Andal as Younger sister to Emperumanar. One of Andal Vazhi thirunamam says " Perumbhoodur mAmunikku pinnAnAl vAzhiyE" (Here andal is referred to as the younger sister of perumbhoodur mAmuni, Sri emperumanar). How this is possible?, when Andal ThiruAvatharam happened some 1000 years before emperumanar, then how come SriVaishnava's call Andal as Younger sister to Emperumanar? There is a story behind this relationship.

During emperumanar ThiruAvatharam, emperumanar is so attracted towards the work of Sri Nachiyar. Because of this involvement his devotees and shisya use to call him "Thiruppavai Jeeyar". In nachiyar thirumozhi, Nachiyar pray lord Alaghar (ThiruMaliruncholai nambi) and vows for 100 Thada's vennai (Butter) and 100 Thada's aKaaraVadisal (Sweet Pongal) for her union with lord Renganathar. But, she couldn't fulfill this vow during her ThiruAvatharam. Emperumanar realizes her vow to lord alaghar and fulfills this vow on her behalf. After this sambavam, emperumanar visited Srivilliputur to hear Andal welcoming him as "nam Kovil Annan" (My elder brother from Nam Perumal Kovil (Srirangam Temple) ). This establishes this sagodhara-sagodhari (brother-sister) bhavam and Alwarthirunagari Emperumanar temple is one among the temples that celebrates this bhavam.

In the next mail, I will do a write up on emperumanar thirunakshathram Chitrai Thiruvatharai happenings in AlwarThirunagari.

I am attaching the scanned images of Chitrai Utsavam invitation from emperumanar devasthanam and its kainkarya upayatharargal (Sponsors) . If you happen to be in India, please visit this temple and get blessings from Sri Emperumanar and from HH emperumanar Jeeyar Swamigal.

Adeyan Ramanuja Dasan,

Jegannathan M Ramanujam.