IndiaDivine.org

Dr.Vinayak Krishna Gokal...Part-6

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dr, Gokak's Experience Part-6

---------------------

I had the wonferful oppertunity to serve as the Warden of the University Hostel at Prashanthi Nilayam when Gokak was Vice Chanceller. I not only learnt many valuable lessons from Gokak in the sphere of higher education, but also discovered the beauty and sweetness of the relation between him and his Master-Baba.

In the first few months as the warden there, I felt that more initiative could have been taken by Gokak in moulding the character of students. In my youthful immaturity, I took the liberty of submitting to Gokak, "Sir, kindly excuse me if I am wrong.

I feel you are not involving yourself much in shaping the Character of students. I am sure there must be some reason for it.

He looked at me with sympathy, smiled and said, "I am glad you have raised this point with me. I have found out from my experience that Swami is the best sculptor of the personality of students. We are here only to assist Him.

I am sure, you will also realize this truth soon. The sooner you do it, the better it is for the students and also yourself!..It should be our constant endeavour to see that we do not become obstacles in His path."

This advice applies to all those who are granted the boon of working in Bhagavan's proximity in any of His projects

Speaking at a function arranged by Baba to feliciate him om his seventy-fifth birthday, Gokak said, "I have learnt one important lesson in my life-surrender to Swami completely and to do what He commends me to do. I know very well that therein lies the fulfilment of my life.

End of part-6 and his experience.

(Sharing with Sai Love) Ram.Chugani

I

-------------

Ram Chugani

Kobe, Japan

rgcjp

How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.