dear friends

i want to construct a shiv temple. pls tell me wat is the size of

shivling and from which material i will construct the shivling which

is best. tell me in which direction i will make the entrance door and

how many doors.

OM TAT SAT

Guest guest

Good thing to do...

but i have one opinion, if you can consider...

Is it necessary to build a new temple for your own... There is temples in india which need help to do their daily routine pujas in the villages, why dont you adopt one and make a deposit of this money in a bank and make a charity to give the needful for that type of temples which was very old and neglected.

In our group there is much more devotees from south india mostly where very old shiva temples can found.

that will be very much appreciable and Lord Shiva will bless you for this.

If you are thinking that you should build a temple, tell me where you are located and what the area of land you are having and whats your budget...

Regards,

sidhartha022 <sidhartha022 > wrote:

OM NAMAHA SHIVAYA

dear friends

how many doors.

OM TAT SAT

Guest guest

namaskaram to all

the thoughts expressed by shri Gopi is really very interesting and needs to be carefully looked into.

it will be really great if we seriously look at what shri Gopiji has written.

interestingly i was wondering why our temples have no activities which help attract our children and youngesters to the awareness of vedananta and advaita.

it is time we have audio libraries and books on these subjects in temples and also the pujari or pandits are trained to daily briefly talk a few words on any one of the subjects so that the devotees get to hear something on this than merely going there to pray for our kamanas.

pranams

pairam

GOPI NAIR <gopi_nair37 > wrote:

Good thing to do...

Is it necessary to build a new temple for your own... There is temples in india which need help to do their daily routine pujas in the villages, why dont you adopt one and make a deposit of this money in a bank and make a charity to give the needful for that type of temples which was very old and neglected.

In our group there is much more devotees from south india mostly where very old shiva temples can found.

If you are thinking that you should build a temple, tell me where you are located and what the area of land you are having and whats your budget...

Regards,

OM NAMAHA SHIVAYA

dear friends

how many doors.

OM TAT SAT

New Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big.

Guest guest

Namaste,

To the person that wants to build a temple. I live near the Holly Springs National Forest in Mississippi, USA there are no temples where I can get too. So I had an old cellar that we cleaned out and me and my husband built me a small temple there. I prayed to Lord Shiva to give me advice on how to construct the temple, but all I was given was do it and I will come to you. So in the cellar/ now temple I have a blue stripe painted and that represents the sky or the masculine. The name of the paint was sweet dreams. There is a pink stripe and that represents the female and the name of the paint was my precious sweetheart. I have a yellow stripe and that represents Suyra. The name of the paint is rise and shine. So the stripes say rise and shine my precious sweetheart, sweet dreams. I have a large wooden statue of the goddesses Laxshmi, please forgive my spelling, I have a pic of Lord Shiva, I have a pic of Lord Balaji, I have a statue of Krishna, and a Statue of

Rama, Sita, Laxmi, and Hauman. I also have a Budda, and Kwan Yin and the Mary and some angels. I worked very hard coming to be a Hindu and went down many paths, I have a rabbit representing the animal kingdom and a butterfly representing the insect kingdom. I have a tiger box that represents the Goddess Durga, and another statue that represents Bramhim, please forgive spelling. The floor is black with beautiful sparkles in it, which represent Kali. I go in the mornings and open the temple up and sing for a little while and play music, then I go in the evenings and drum for a little while and then close the temple. I have a chime as when you enter it, you touch the chime to let the gods and goddesses know you are coming. I believe if you build such a temple as you wish, then build it to suit yourself and ask Lord Shiva to help you build your own temple, where you will be comfortable in going to see him. I offer them food and water. I do not go down everyday as some

days it is difficult for me to walk myself, or it is raining or something. I have candles and I have an oil lamp. I have rose petals strawn across the floor and each god and goddess is adorn in some type of jewelry. I have a friend in India and I ask if he would bless it for me by writing a few words so I could read it to Lord Shiva. He did and I read it to them. In my own heart and soul I believe my temple is not like everyone else's but it is my own and I'm very comfortable in praying and singing and drumming and playing cd's for all of them. So my advice is ask Lord Shiva how you should build your temple and he will guide you in your way if your heart will listen. I have only been studying hindu for 6 years, but it is my way of life now. I'm not the best hindu, as I can't be I don't know everything there is to know, I'm not the worst hindu as I try not to be harmful to anything. So listen to your heart and believe what you hear and you will be fine. I'm sure

some people will disagree with me, but again that is their choice. I have Shivalinga that is very very small and when I go to India this year I will replace it with a larger one, but that is all I had at the time. Thank you and may Lord Shiva and Pravti bless you, please forgive spellings.

OM,

Sherry Marsalis

ram mohan anantha pai <pairamblr > wrote:

namaskaram to all

the thoughts expressed by shri Gopi is really very interesting and needs to be carefully looked into.

interestingly i was wondering why our temples have no activities which help attract our children and youngesters to the awareness of vedananta and advaita.

it is time we have audio libraries and books on these subjects in temples and also the pujari or pandits are trained to daily briefly talk a few words on any one of the subjects so that the devotees get to hear something on this than merely going there to pray for our kamanas.

pranams

pairam

Good thing to do...

Regards,

OM NAMAHA SHIVAYA

dear friends

how many doors.

OM TAT SAT

What makes Sachin India's highest paid sports celebrity?, Share your knowledge on India Answers

Send instant messages to your online friends - NOW

Guest guest

Dear Sherry Marsalis,

First of all, my humble Pranams to you, for having built a TEMPLE of your

OWN to HIM.

It does not matter, whether one's own TEMPLE is as big as Tirupati Balaji

Temple or as big as Rameshwaram / Bhuvaneshwar / Kalahasti / Nasik temples.

As you wrote, one should have a temple of their own and PRAY with total

DEVOTION and affection to his / her istadevata.

I salute you, having known Hinduism only for the last 6 years - you have

learnt and done more than many people, having born as a Hindu, have not /

would have not visited a temple and do not know, how to pray / say any sloka

on HIM.

I am sure, Lord Shiva and other deities would surely be happy with your

prayers which are offered with devotion and love.

May LORD bless you and your lovely family as well as the entire world.

Om Nama Shivaya.

Murali Manohar A V

Kuwait.

Guest guest

Dear Sherry,

You have done a wonderful job.

You are right. Lord Shiva will guide you through at every stage.

sherry marsalis <manilska > wrote:

Namaste,

To the person that wants to build a temple. I live near the Holly Springs National Forest in Mississippi, USA there are no temples where I can get too. So I had an old cellar that we cleaned out and me and my husband built me a small temple there. I prayed to Lord Shiva to give me advice on how to construct the temple, but all I was given was do it and I will come to you. So in the cellar/ now temple I have a blue stripe painted and that represents the sky or the masculine. The name of the paint was sweet dreams. There is a pink stripe and that represents the female and the name of the paint was my precious sweetheart. I have a yellow stripe and that represents Suyra. The name of the paint is rise and shine. So the stripes say rise and shine my precious sweetheart, sweet dreams. I have a large wooden statue of the goddesses Laxshmi, please forgive my spelling, I have a pic of Lord Shiva, I have a pic of Lord Balaji, I have a statue of Krishna, and a Statue of

Rama, Sita, Laxmi, and Hauman. I also have a Budda, and Kwan Yin and the Mary and some angels. I worked very hard coming to be a Hindu and went down many paths, I have a rabbit representing the animal kingdom and a butterfly representing the insect kingdom. I have a tiger box that represents the Goddess Durga, and another statue that represents Bramhim, please forgive spelling. The floor is black with beautiful sparkles in it, which represent Kali. I go in the mornings and open the temple up and sing for a little while and play music, then I go in the evenings and drum for a little while and then close the temple. I have a chime as when you enter it, you touch the chime to let the gods and goddesses know you are coming. I believe if you build such a temple as you wish, then build it to suit yourself and ask Lord Shiva to help you build your own temple, where you will be comfortable in going to see him. I offer them food and water. I do not go down everyday as some

days it is difficult for me to walk myself, or it is raining or something. I have candles and I have an oil lamp. I have rose petals strawn across the floor and each god and goddess is adorn in some type of jewelry. I have a friend in India and I ask if he would bless it for me by writing a few words so I could read it to Lord Shiva. He did and I read it to them. In my own heart and soul I believe my temple is not like everyone else's but it is my own and I'm very comfortable in praying and singing and drumming and playing cd's for all of them. So my advice is ask Lord Shiva how you should build your temple and he will guide you in your way if your heart will listen. I have only been studying hindu for 6 years, but it is my way of life now. I'm not the best hindu, as I can't be I don't know everything there is to know, I'm not the worst hindu as I try not to be harmful to anything. So listen to your heart and believe what you hear and you will be fine. I'm sure

some people will disagree with me, but again that is their choice. I have Shivalinga that is very very small and when I go to India this year I will replace it with a larger one, but that is all I had at the time. Thank you and may Lord Shiva and Pravti bless you, please forgive spellings.

OM,

Sherry Marsalis

namaskaram to all

pranams

pairam

Good thing to do...

Regards,

OM NAMAHA SHIVAYA

dear friends

how many doors.

OM TAT SAT

What makes Sachin India's highest paid sports celebrity?, Share your knowledge on India Answers

Visit your group "" on the web.

With Best Regards,

N.S. Parasuraman

Please visit my Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/parasu41

Guest guest

There is so much Grace and Love coming from here.

Thank You. Vijay

sherry marsalis <manilska > wrote:

Namaste,

OM,

Sherry Marsalis

namaskaram to all

pranams

pairam

Good thing to do...

Regards,

OM NAMAHA SHIVAYA

dear friends

how many doors.

OM TAT SAT

Visit your group "" on the web.

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

Dear Sir,

It is a great idea of constructing a LORD SHIVA TEMPLE.

In my opinion u must do pran pratishta of NARBADESWAR . NARBADESWR do not

require pran pratistha.u can directly start puja.It is available at

ONKARESWAR IN MP.

there is saying NARBADA KA KANKAR ,SHIV SHANKER.

iF U WANT ANY HELP ,IWILL PROVIDE U FREE OF COST.

-SRIVIDYANAND NATH

On 5/11/06, sidhartha022 <sidhartha022 > wrote:

>

> OM NAMAHA SHIVAYA

> dear friends

> i want to construct a shiv temple. pls tell me wat is the size of

> shivling and from which material i will construct the shivling which

> is best. tell me in which direction i will make the entrance door and

> how many doors.

> OM TAT SAT

>

>