IndiaDivine.org

Darshan line sevites needed for NYC!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Each year, we need many volunteers to help the darshan lines run smoothly at Amma's

programs in NYC. Shifts are two hours each and you can sign up for as few or as many as

you like. Both experienced and new sevites are welcome (we'll orient/train you).

The type of person who does well in this seva is able to be relatively grounded and

focused in the midst of chaos (well, it's not all chaos all the time, but we do have our

moments!). It also helps to be comfortable interacting with others, although you may be

relieved to know that the coordinators are there to handle any conflicts that arise (i.e.,

people who insist on getting on the line early or without a token and won't leave, etc.).

If you'll be in NYC and would like to help, please contact me off-list. We try to schedule as

many people in advance as possible, but we almost always end up scheduling a lot of the

Devi Bhava shifts during the regular programs (so, if you might want to help on Devi Bhava

night, but can't sign up in advance, you could come find me on Friday or Saturday).

Blessings,

Iswari (Darshan Line Co-Coordinator, NYC)