IndiaDivine.org

need your help ~

Rate this topic

I have a dear co-worker who has lost her 40 yr old brother to a heart attack and is traveling back to India now. Her oldest brother will have done the cremation before she can arrive. She was extremely distraught and I need appropriate way in keeping with her religion to pay respects or acknowledge his passing... what would be appropriate... ? flowers....book, note...dedication, would like to do something special?

please advise..... I do not know your religion ... thank you.

Guest guest

Haribol

I read in one of our acharya's book that saying mantras to a person that has departed from this world especially to those we have some connections with will do the soul some good in his/her journey to the next destination.

Of course it depends on the consciousness of the chanter, but even then saying God's names always has some intrinsic positive result. If this is the first time you will chant, I bet you also get the positive result.

Here is what you can chant while thinking of the brother of your friend.

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Also you can donate to any KC temple.

Chant on

Myrla

Australia

Guest guest

Also you can donate to any KC temple.

she did not say her friend was involved with KC - so how would this be making her condolences known to her friend? unless of course he was a Gaudiya Vaishnava.

I read in one of our acharya's book that saying mantras to a person that has departed from this world especially to those we have some connections with will do the soul some good in his/her journey to the next destination.

This is true.

Guest guest

Sorry, I was very presumptious there. But, if your friend's brother is a follower of the Gaudiya Vaishnava tradition then my advice still stands obviously.

It's just that, before forummers in audarya are mostly followers of the vaishnav tradition and I still have that habit of identifyng this forum with them. Of course, in the last year especially, forummers here are eclectic mix.

Hare Krishna

Myrla