authority about Christianity & hindu dharma as well (he quotes Rig,

YajurvEda, BG & other hindu scripture by heart with exact verse & chapter

nos.!!!)..just wanted to know whether anybody in this group met him

personally or via E-mail for any discussion??  Just an inquisitive

question...since the subject is out of the scope of this group...I request

members to directly write to my ID...

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!

bhaskar

Discussion of Shankara's Advaita Vedanta Philosophy of nonseparablity of Atman and Brahman.

Advaitin Homepage at: Terms of Service.

Guest guest

namaskaram to all,

i am glad that this subject has come up in here .  this is an important subject and i too wanted if people have noticed, heard him on TV or thru other means.

While he may be a great human being since he can quote verses from various scriptures of Hinduism, christianity, hebru, and i dont know how many more religions....

i have a feeling that his  understanding of Hinduism may not be correct.  I do not blame him for that , nor would i like to say that he is intentionally doing this.  Exactly as we understand thru our learning process, it is most likely his IGNORANCE that is contributing to his understanding or misunderstanding.

He is indeed great as he has a capability to memorise.  But it would have been nice to know where and how did he learn sanskrit, and with whom he spent his furthering the education of upanishads etc.

why would i like to bring this to the notice of all because

i heard on 16th on Q-TV a part of his lecture - may be in KARACHI-

there he was stating that out of 5billion population, atleast one billion is muslims and out of that about 15 % is arabs and 90% of the rest does not know arabic.  he went on to say that as we are children, we learn the mother tounge, as we become students, we learn the language of the school, as we grow big, we learn the language of society...and

then he said that though the Qran is available in so many languages, it may not be good enough as there are words in arabic , which cannot be explained in 100 sentenses or more also...in other languages etc..

this applies to our scriptures too.  that is why it is very well stated that one need to study the scriptures with the help of Guru..

my feeling is that mr Zakir goes by some meanings he has understood and the good memory he has to quote the verses and to use them to justify Islam.  He should be doing a good job, but is this a job or something to think and work on to understand??

when i try to listen to him, one problem that i noticed is that the people who listen to him most likely will not be able to catch up with him as he goes on quoting from Qran - long long sentenses and then jumps to other quotes .. like he said, since many do not know the arabic language, the people who hear him will be just wondering what he is saying - when he quotes arabic ( for long continuous sentenses ) and then by the time he talks in language one understand , the attention will have to be brought back, in that process, one will just end up agreeing to what he says as most of what he has said is not gone into our mind or brain.

there could be a debate or discussion only if what we communicate is in language that both can understand.

any way, these are my feelings and may be i am totally wrong.  i still wish to know how he studied the other scriptures etc .

also if one is able to read the discussions - transcibed talk- between him and sri sri Ravishankar and comment up on...it will be interesting...

pranam

bhaskar.yr (AT) in (DOT) abb.com wrote:

praNAms

Hare Krishna

Dr.Zakir Naik is a scholar in Islam religion but speaks with great

authority about Christianity & hindu dharma as well (he quotes Rig,

YajurvEda, BG & other hindu scripture by heart with exact verse & chapter

nos.!!!)..just wanted to know whether anybody in this group met him

personally or via E-mail for any discussion??  Just an inquisitive

question...since the subject is out of the scope of this group...I request

members to directly write to my ID...

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!

bhaskar

Guest guest

This man is nor good. He is a typical muslim, trying to win converts. He is no great authority of Hinduism and only quotes verses that are similar to Islamic teaching from Hindu scriptures and ignores the verses where we differ. He is offended that Hindus worship images and murtis and wants them to stop, claiming that it is againt Hinduism to have images of God. You can clearly see he wants Hinduism to become so similar to Islam and for us to drop all teachings of where we differ so later on it will be much easier to convert Hindu to Islam.

You shouldn't be promoting this man, he gets too much attention he doesn't deserve.