IndiaDivine.org

Vedic Shaivism and the Tryambaka-lineage

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Namaste Ralph,

, "Ralph Bakr" <108 wrote:

> I believe the Mrityunjaya-mantra is from the Tryambaka-lineage? This is beyond creed.

Probably U refer to Tryambaka lineage of monistic Shaivism, and Tryambaka mantra

(usually called Mahamrityunjaya) has nothing to do with it. It is present already in Rigveda,

as well as in Yajurveda (as i remember in Vajasaneyi-samhita).

> > > Rudra is identical to Soma, who was worshipped in a pillar, very similarly to

Shivalinga worship.

>

> This sentence does not make sense to me. The Rg Veda clearly describes Soma in the

most lucid way. I have read these mandalas for many years and also listened to the pure

Sam-Veda recitations (chants).

> The Shivalinga worship of a black stone is different. Soma is white and light. Soma is

without colour. Soma flows within. The lingas can really be seen in the crown-chakra. The

teaching from Tryambaka is non-dual and mystic.

All Rigvedic deities were an aspects of Rudra, supreme God of the Vedas. Firstly Rudra is

Indra, and also Vayu, Soma and Agni.

Shiva-linga is essentially Jyotirlinga and verily not a "black stone"!

> Thanx for making this point.

>

> In my book "Shiva" i describe the Agamas as the fifth Veda, completing the Veda's. Also

in Buddhism there is a secret teaching. Also in Islam there is a secret teaching from the

prophet Mohammed (Peace be with him). To me the Agamic revelation completes the

Veda. The Agamas are complete and full of themselves. The Vedas are completed by the

Tantra or what you call Saivism.

Yes, such is the usual teaching of Tantrism and Shaivism.

> What you mean with Bhairava-Agamas Shaivism if i may ask? You are talking about

Trika? Trika is a revelation and does not stand on the fundament of the Vedas. It depends

if you perceive Veda as a compilation of books or as the eternal fountain of wisdom and

light.

Trika is a school based on Siddhayogeshvari-mata and its extract, Malinivijayottara. Later,

it became a name of Abhinavagupta's synthesis of Kashmiri Tantrism.

Bhairavagamas are traditionally believed to belong to Dakshinamnaya (while Trika is

Purvamnaya), and they aren't same as Trika in any case (though some of these Agamas

may be Trika texts).

All Shaivagamas starting from ordinary 28 and higher 64 are independent revelation and is

considered to be above Veda. But still Bhairava-mata has its root in Veda, since Veda is

primary Mantrapurusha.

Abhinavagupta is one place accepts that Vedic Rishis had same understanding as he has,

but concealed it in order to preserve the order in society.

> First a strong Brotherhood needs to be formed. You can not fool me. I know precisely

the situation of Tantra in this third millennium and it hardly exists.

People who are adhikaris are brought by Devi to proper people and places. Other may be

convinced that those right people and places aren't existant :)

Tantrism is alive and rather spread nowadays as well, though it suffered much from

muslims, british and Gandhi-Nehru government. Mahahradanatha is right in his reply to U.

> Satanism - also a left-hand path as you know - is only seriously practised in California

and in the Netherlands.

Satanism is not a "left-hand path" in a sense of Vamachara. It is a parody upon

christianity, usually a theater for youths (like in LaVey's case), and in some cases a phycic

disease (like in a case of O. Spare).

Tantrism has nothing to do with this crap.

> Western women are rather complex. Tantra has become the domain of wackos and

dreamers.

As one Sufi master said, "bogus gold is present only due to the existence of the true one!"

------------------------ Sponsor --------------------~-->

Get to your groups with one click. Know instantly when new email arrives

http://us.click./.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/XUWolB/TM

--~->

<*>

/

<*>

<*> Your