IndiaDivine.org

Prasadam and Darshan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

AUM SAI RAM

Dear Sai Family,

From my point of view, Darshan is a Prasadam as well. You are surely aware that many go to Parthi and/or Brindavan without having a Divine Darshan of Lord Sathya Sai at all. I recall  that my friend Rowin who plays the tabla regularly at Bhajan sessions in Mauritius and who is now studying in the City of Bangalore,told me that he had thrice been to Brindavan on his motorbyke when Bhagawan Baba was there but Baba did not give Darshan on these three occasions,to the utter dismay of the lad.

Many devotees have never  in their life tasted Darshan Prasadam.Some may ,some may not.One is allowed Darshan Prasadam only when Bhagawan Baba permits it.

In Brindavan, devotees stand at the gate of the ashram at 5h.30 to gain access to the Sai Ramesh Hall for Divine Darshan.At times, devotees, sit down crosslegged on the bare cement floor for more than three hours for Darshan Prasadam.So is the Love of the devotees for the Lord.

Food Prasadam is first offered to God then served to devotees and others.Hindus beleive that one should never refuse Food Prasadam. If Food Prasadam is offered to God and we do beleive deep inside that Baba is GOD, we must accept the Prasadam as a gift of God.

It hurts if one were to say that devotees are much more interested in Prasadam than in Darshan

At the Lotus Feet of SAI

Anita

This forum is a personal work and not affiliated to the official Sai Organisation.

To post a message, write to: saibabanews

To , send an email to: saibabanews-

The archives can be found at: Terms of Service.

Guest guest

Dear sai brothers and sisters, It is indeed the divine blessings that we are fortunate enough to receive food prasadam may be in small packets, small boxes, or on plates. It is sai leela and no one can imagine disciplining the crowd. On the occasion of Mahasivarathri for distribution of prasadam leaf plates were first distributed but at the same time there was the great occasion of lingodhbhavam too and people got exited and in that crowd most of us had our plates crushed. At the end of the session no one can imagine the mess in the Sri Sai Kulwant hall and there are other occasions where people still litter. May be he is training the seva dal volunteers that is why wherever there is need now a days they comeforward to save the humanity with such great skills. Lord Sai, transforms people and those who criticise and think they are more disciplined elevate themselves by starting to look at the whole leela of our beloved Lord differently and those who were so ignorant and

littering too get transformation and learn to better behave in public and elevate themselves. Our Lord is the example, he only shows love so we all receive his divine blessings in the form of darshan, sparshan, sambhashan, padasevanam, food prasadam etc.

In a nut shell it is all sai's divine will to make us better people. We should also develop tolerence. Jai sai ram.

Saradha

Anita Bacha <bachanita (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> wrote: AUM SAI RAM

Dear Sai Family,

From my point of view, Darshan is a Prasadam as well. You are surely aware that many go to Parthi and/or Brindavan without having a Divine Darshan of Lord Sathya Sai at all. .....

Guest guest

sairam,It might be true, in case of tirumala (Lord Sri Venkateshwara) where, laddus are sold outside the temple (nowhere on this earth, one can get a better/tastier laddues, to these), and, everyone wants to get as many laddus as they can, and, ofcourse, they distribute to all their near and dear. Many localites (there in tirupati, and, surroundings) and, the workers/shop-keepers at tirumala, buy laddus, through some known people, or, even bribing the workers over there, even without having Lord Venkateshwara's darshan. After having Sri Satya Sai's darshan, at Brindavan/Puttaparthi, if prasadam is distributed, one wants to get that; and, one feels sad, if he's unable to get prasadam, and, feels like, his darshan is incomplete. Its just like, part of having Shri Satya Sai's darshan, as sis Anita has mentioned in her email.Last time, when i'd been to brindavan, for darshan, it was first time that i'd seen that there was less quantity of prasadam, and, i didn't get the same.

Then, i'd seen a gathering, where prasadam was being distributed, and, i almost ran to that gatherings, with the hopes like, i might get it there, atelast. And, to be frank, i was thinking like, "If i get prasadam, today, i take it granted like, shri Baba has blessed me, other wise, not." But, i didn't get prasadam, there also. Again, i almost ran to some other gatherings, and, there also, i didn't get prasadam, and, again, for the 3rd time, i joined a queue, for prasadam, and, didn't get the prasadam, and, i stopped with my trials, as i've to run to my family members, who're waiting for me, outside the ashram. Everyone wants, and, tries to get prasadam, as one feels/knows/accepts that, shri baba has touched/blessed the sweets, before they were distributed. And, many feel like, the prasadam distributed after the darshan, is similar to vibhuti prasadam, and, is sacred, and, if one doesn't get prasadam, they feel like, they've missed something, though, they'd a very good

darshan. sairam. --- On Thu 05/18, Anita Bacha < bachanita (AT) hotmail (DOT) com > wrote:Anita Bacha [ bachanita (AT) hotmail (DOT) com][saibabanews] Prasadam and Darshan

AUM SAI RAM Dear Sai Family, From my point of view, Darshan is a Prasadam as well. You are surely aware that many go to Parthi and/or

Guest guest

Sai Ram Dear Brothers and Sisters,

As regards prasadam there may also be the matter of our Lord Swami's timing as to what and when we receive this special blessing.

I was in Puttiparthi in August 1990 and Swami distributed fresh, cold pistachio ice-cream to a very large crowd. Those of us way in the back by the Coconut grove however did not receive any. Of course I felt rejected, however irrational that feeling.

A few years later in an Indian restaurant in NYC, I was joking about this incident at dessert time. The restaurant typically served mango ice cream only- and that's what all the other customers had . Yet when the waiter served me, lo and behold, I received the only dish of pistachio ice cream in the entire place (!) Somehow I felt Swami's Hand in this and was very thankful.

At His Lotus Feet, Felicia