IndiaDivine.org

Sri Ramana

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Friends,

It is the mind that creates questions about the nature of reality and when answers are given more questions are forthcoming. People interested in this approach can join a number of other lists where Advaita Vedanta is taught in a traditional way. Advaitin, for example, is a wonderful list.

To benefit from Sri Ramana's approach one must already be convinced in one's heart that the root source of the aham vritii must be found. All thoughts and questions are predicated on the root sense of "I Am". The focus inward on this "I" sense is what is meant by inquiry. "Who am I" is not simply a mental exercise but a way to turn the whole sense of being "I am" upon itself and remain rooted in this, abiding in this. This approach

is simple and yet utterly profound.

When I was 21, my teacher told me of his visits to Sri Ramana. I got this one book, "Talks with Sri Ramana Maharshi". It was like magic. Everything else fell away and I became absorbed in the pure teaching of the Self and realized the nature of the Heart as one's own being.

There are many well known glamorous teachers in this world with masses following them. Many scholars there are who can explain the depth of Advaita philosophy. It is all enjoyable and good. I meet them as friends when the occasion calls for it and respect them and love them.

I enjoy being with Sri Ramana devotees. For people like me, Sri Ramana has absolutely no equals. I am not attracted to any other philosophy or any other teacher. In my room, I sit alone and am satisfied.

Love to all

Harsha

Guest guest

Dear all,

I do so agree with Harsha. Ramana's teachings are so unique, they are so succinct and clear, that they admit with difficulty intellect-based arguments. Problems there are, always, for the seeker. But Bhagavan helps you out when you are earnest in your approach, when you seek his help unreservedly. HE ALONE IS! This one thought acts like a sword to cut through the maze of thoughts.

Yours in Bhagavan,

Sharada

J. and S. Lartet

Email : jslartet , lartets

Be a chatter box. Enjoy free PC-to-PC calls  with Messenger with Voice.