IndiaDivine.org

What is one of your greatest Krsna Conscious realizations of your life?

Rate this topic

krsna

What makes you a devotee of Lord Sri Krsna and His Most Beloved Consort Srimati Radharani?:confused:

How has Krsna appeared in your life and decided to sit down in the lotus of your heart for the rest of eternity?:confused:

Have you entered factually in a devotional trance (samadhi) in which your conciousness has merged in the ecstacy of ever expanding loving rasa with Krsna and His pure devotees?:confused:

Do you enter into Krsna's lila at night when you take rest?:confused:

I simply want to know what this wonderful ecstatic experience called Krsna Conciousness is all about!:pray:

Well that is a neat question - i've had many - but one rivals the others in one sense - [i'm only giving the basics of the experience] ten years ago when I was making my decision to give up everything and move to the vancouver temple [from edmonton] to live and train-up for a while - [then to later find a place and work outside] so in any case i was always thinking in the month before i went - "oh Lord please give me a sign that it'll all work out" - i wanted this sign before i'd make the decision - so in any case whenever i'd pester the Lord about this He would [i humbly think] pop this in my mind - "you have to do whatever you're going to do independent of what you think I'm going to do" - so of course - that wasn't any great comfort - at the time - but - i did make my choice and - i did give it all up and i went and - it didn't workout so - i later saw what the Lord meant - even though it didn't workout [i didn't stay at the temple nor in vancouver - i left only 5 days after getting there] - i'm the better for having made the choice - and of course Krishna did look after me through all of it. Since then I have had other experiances and have had to make other choices - and it's just like that "you have to do whatever you're going to do independent of what you think I'm going to do" - i know that this isn't a great realization [in the least] - but the circumstances in which it was encountered makes it a memorable one - so much so that I never forgot that matter of fact statement: "you have to do whatever you're going to do independent of what you think I'm going to do"!

I think the greatest realization of my life was when it was revealed to me that the murti of Srila Prabhupada is functional - not just a plastic figurine.

When I came to know of the murti of Srila Prabhupada actually talking to and guiding a deceased disciple, I was truly amazed and I will never see the murti of Srila Prabhupada as a figurative representation anymore.

For me, I understand that the murti of Srila Prabhupada is functional and actually guides disciples even today.

I feel I was granted a very special insight into how the murti of Srila Prabhupada is functional.

I can never forget that.

This experience, along with the experience of being initiated by the flute music of Lord Dwarakdisha, are probably the two most important experiences of my devotee life.

Real initiation is by the flute music of Lord Krishna.

If you haven't been initiated by the flute music of Lord Krishna, then you have something very wonderful to look forward to.

I am still working on mine. I am finding it hard to swallow. I must face death. I know it is obvious but I have yet to come to terms with that realization.

It has it's bright side in that I am quite convinced that I will not cease to be. It is just that at my present pace I won't be anywhere near ready and will have to come back to birth and death yet again.

This is causing me both great joy and great fear. Great fear of being thrown back to this side and great joy sensing that at some point samsara will be behind me and all this birth and death *rap will seem like a lighting flash.

Bitter/sweet realization

I am still working on mine. I am finding it hard to swallow. I must face death. I know it is obvious but I have yet to come to terms with that realization.

It has it's bright side in that I am quite convinced that I will not cease to be. It is just that at my present pace I won't be anywhere near ready and will have to come back to birth and death yet again.

This is causing me both great joy and great fear. Great fear of being thrown back to this side and great joy sensing that at some point samsara will be behind me and all this birth and death *rap will seem like a lighting flash.

Bitter/sweet realization

"Its a bittersweet symphony this life. Try to make ends meet, your a slave to money then you die."

Cheesy I know but that song came into my mind when I read your post.