IndiaDivine.org

Did doing drugs,sex &rock&roll help you understand the frustrations of material life?

Rate this topic

krsna

My take on it is that the whole material experience is the mercy of Krsna. It's designed to ultimately burn the soul into seeking freedom from those desires by seeking Krsna.

If the soul chooses to live apart from Krsna and approach material life for enjoyment that is still an indirect way of approaching Krsna for the material world is Krsna's energies. created and controlled by Krsna

So Krsna reciprocates by relating back in an indirect way through matter. The nature of material life is suffering and become exhausted in material life by that suffering is needed by the soul to learn to seek krsna will sincere feeling. The material world is here to exhaust and humble us before the Lord.

In this sense there is nothing but the mercy of Krsna in our lives, either direct or indirect. We are starting to become aware that the direct mercy is best. Unfortunate that we choose to needlessly suffer the path of countless births in countless forms to get to this preliminary stage of understanding that but it's better than than not ever getting here.

I always enjoyed a lot of the music but the culture of Hollywood and rock music is pretty unbearable. Illicit sex was never my thing, just never cared for it. Drugs I did like briefly because one time I was so depressed I could barely live and I smoked some weed and it kind of made me step outside of my body and just start laughing at myself for having so many worries about everything.