to help alleviate it a bit. My question is: does having such a spina

defect as such, affect my ability to practice Kundalini Yoga and does

it hinder the progression of the energy once it decides to move? It is

definitely something that worries me a bit, though I know all happens

in accordance to God's will. Thanks for any help and information! Jai

Maa!

-Katie

Guest guest

I´d say go for it. I too have trouble sitting crosslegged, but lately I´ve done a modification by putting telephonebooks under my butt to sit making it easier to sit or sometimes i use a chair. I have cerebral palsy which affects muscle tightness. The kundalini uprising has changed my life alleviatating my depression. If anything its uprising has been more dramtic, as a a twisted garden hose can sometimes shoot out water with more pressure, the same is true with kundalini and a twisted body which is slowly untwisting. Slowly some of my initial challenges have greatly lessoned and this is the most rewarding. With archer pose for example, my feet no longer have a painful callous when i walk and I´ve been able to go without my usual insert.

Use a chair and make modifications in terms of sitting if crosslegged is challenging. However, don´t skip asanas within Kundalini yoga if you can´t do them. Try your best visualize the posture and attempt to do it without hurting your body. Listen to your body. This is such a gift! -Sat Nam, Chris Madrid

How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Guest guest

copy on your replies? Thank you.

Collin County Community College

Admissions & Records Office

>>> chris charles <ccharles79 > 6/25/2006 6:59 AM >>>

I´d say go for it. I too have trouble sitting crosslegged, but lately I´ve done a modification by putting telephonebooks under my butt to sit making it easier to sit or sometimes i use a chair. I have cerebral palsy which affects muscle tightness. The kundalini uprising has changed my life alleviatating my depression. If anything its uprising has been more dramtic, as a a twisted garden hose can sometimes shoot out water with more pressure, the same is true with kundalini and a twisted body which is slowly untwisting. Slowly some of my initial challenges have greatly lessoned and this is the most rewarding. With archer pose for example, my feet no longer have a painful callous when i walk and I´ve been able to go without my usual insert.

Use a chair and make modifications in terms of sitting if crosslegged is challenging. However, don´t skip asanas within Kundalini yoga if you can´t do them. Try your best visualize the posture and attempt to do it without hurting your body. Listen to your body. This is such a gift! -Sat Nam, Chris Madrid

How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.