IndiaDivine.org

Guru and all................

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

List Moderator's Note: This will be the last posting under this subject title. We request the author of this posting not to send repeated messages with the same title. Please follow the list guidelines and restrict your messages to fall within the boundary of the scope of this list. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.

--------------------

My dear friends and associates/like minded persons

There are varieties of Gurus and some one made a humor mentioning that there are only two kinds of Gurus – Badha Guru and Bodha Guru. I have been telling most of you that we learn from some “what to do”, and from some “What NOT TO DO” in the process of learning. Truly speaking there are three kinds of Gurus and Sishyas like MARJAALA GURU, MARKATA GURU AND KOORMA GURU. Maarjaala – Cat has got a quality of shifting its children on day to day basis to safe places; Markata – Monkey has got a quality of changing its places frequently uncaring for its children, but then, the child desires to be safe and go with the mother holding it tightly, when Koorma – the tortoise has a unique quality of feeding its child with its eye sight alone though the child is on the bank and the mother in the sea. In this way, The Guru falling in the first category takes care of his disciple like a marjaala; when the disciple is expected to follow the Guru in the second category. In the third

category, wherever we are, we are safe since Guru Krupa remains with us through his sight though physically he is far away from us.

By and large, my expression is that – let us not expect our Guru to be this way or that way quoting Puraanas etc. Guru will lead his life in a fashion suits him and in simple and short term Guru is one with a high degree of knowledge which would be useful for us to earn our daily bread and butter besides creating an opportunity of self realization for a comfortable life and thereafter too. To remember – GNAANA PRADAAYA VIDMAHE MUKTI KAARANAAYA DHIMAHE is the simple and best suited phenomenon of this day. Beyond this, perhaps we may not expect in the existing situation and environment

These days I observe many people with lot of demands on their Guru, they prescribe the way in which their Guru should be the Guru’s style of living and what not. Sometimes they go to an extent of quoting the references of the qualities of Guru as per ancient scriptures and they insist their Guru to retain the qualities, and what a sad state- Alas!

For any reason we start expecting our Guru as per the ancient scriptures and design, our life journey may soon close by the time we identify such a personality, and for all reasons by that time, if only we are physically and mentally ready to feel ourselves comfortable with our invention and tracing a Guru of our Choice.

The other side, the powerful media is making fun of the Guru in a Class room comfortably forgetting that their misrepresentation would lead to not only disrespect to the Master but to the subjects taught by him. Of late many film producers enjoy creating movies JUST FOR A CHEAP FUN and for a momentary financial gain, presenting an awful picture of the Master in a classroom. What kind of discipline can we inculcate in the children if we do so, appears to be a matter of unconcern for this powerful media.

I could not but express my feelings on the HOLY DAY OF GURU POORNIMA. Let us respect a Person as a Guru who gives us knowledge and who makes our lives fruitful and successful giving us good guidance from time to time and take us into his confidence. Let us be like little children for Guru and seek protection as ‘maano mahanta muta maano arbhakam…; as much as we seek protection from Jagatpita. .

Adhyatmitka Ratna, Sri Yaaga Vidya Praveena, Vedanta Visarada

Dr P V Sesha Sai Aswamedhayaaji

http://www.ashwamedhayaagam.org