IndiaDivine.org

A question on Nataraja Icon: Golden Idol

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

In omnamassivaya group, I saw a golden idol of srii Natarajaswamy which I could not get again. can u help me pls?

On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 Lakshmi Muthuswamy wrote :

>Namaste Krishnamurtiji,

>

>Regarding your question on the Natarja icon.

>

>There is a thesis presented in the form a book presented by Dr. B Natarajan (Railways) on Nataraja.Its a book of 1000 pages if I remember right. I happen to read this ten years ago.

>

>One can get to know the origin , History, About Chidambaram and about the worship, the philosphy and much more in very great detail with maps and images.

>

>Dr. Padma Subramaniam has done a thesis on the 108 different dance postures seen in the temple at Chidambaram. She traces the history too.

>

>There is a sanskrit verse for each of these postures and this can be found in her thesis.

>

>If you happen to live in Chennai, copies are available at The theosophical Libraray for borrowing.

>

>this book is worth taaking a look.

>

>The 108 postures as bronze murtis are kept for display at Chettinad Vidyasharam, santhome Chennai-28 outside of their school auditorium.

>

>om namo narayanaya

>

>Lakshmi Muthuswamy

>

>

>

>Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

>

>