IndiaDivine.org

Surrender!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Surrender!!! The word that we use very often in spiritualism. We say, I have surrendered myself to God.

Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, a very well know sage from Calcutta (Kolkata) is in the process of giving dharshan to people who have come to see him. A very wealthy man comes to Him with a bag of gold coins and offers to the same to Sri Ramakrishna. Ramakrishna, denies accepting the same and says that he himself is a sanyasi and hence would not accept the gold offered by the rich man. The rich man feels dejected and once again says that should accept his offering as he is surrendering his entire wealth to Sri Ramakrishna.

On hearing this Sri Ramakrishna asks the rich man to go to Ganges (River Ganga) nearby and ask him to throw the bag in the river. The rich man agrees to do the same and proceeds to the river. But there is no sign of the rich man coming back ever after a very long time. Sri Ramakrishna along with his disciples reaches the bank of the river we they finds the rich man sitting at the banks of the river and throwing the gold coins one by one after staring the same for a long time and with a big sigh. On see this Sri Ramakrishna calls the man and tells him that he is yet to get matured and hence he is not fit enough to surrender. Now the rich man asks Sri Ramakrishna that how he had decided that the time has not come for him to surrender.

Sri Ramakrishna says, "when you say I have surrendered my entire wealth to you then you do not possess anything for yourself. When I say throw this entire gold in the river, you should do it willingly since you are throwing the gold that pertains to you but that is mine. But ever after surrendering you had the "mine" concept at the back of your mind, which made you not to thing more about "mine". Hence you need to practice a lot."

http://groups.msn.com/