IndiaDivine.org

Mandukya Upanishad - - -

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Veda says ‘Tureeyam Brahman Uchyate’. That means it is the state of 'PARABRAHMAN' which is beyond words, mind, intelligence and logic.

Veda says like this: 'Words cannot reach Brahman, even mind cannot reach, He is beyond intelligence, He is above logic’. So nobody can reach Tureeya state. In the Badari forest Siddhas asked 'Lord Datta what is your Ashramam'. Datta replied 'I am in Tureeya Aashram'. The word 'Tureeya' represents 'Brahman'. Your trail to reach Tureeya state means it is something like trying to touch the sky by high jumps. Then how to reach 'Tureeya' state? The Tureeya state that is Parabrahman comes down as incarnation i.e., Avatharam.

Brahman i.e. the Lord comes down in 3 steps. The first step is 'Sushupthi. In this step the Lord is called as 'Prajna'. In this state, sages see Him in their hearts through meditation.

The next step is 'Swapna'. In this state the Lord is called as 'Taijasa'. In this state devotees see Him in their dreams.

The third step is 'Jagrat'. In this step the Lord is called as 'Vaishwa'. In this state the devotees serve Him as servants. 'Vaishwa' is the Lord with human body. 'Taijasa' is the Lord with body of energy i.e., light. 'Prajna' is the Lord with body of 'Bliss'. In these three states the Lord is possessing a body, and therefore He has come down as 'Jeeva' that is individual soul.

At this point followers of Sankaracharya are confused. They think that these three names of Lord in the three states belong to 'Jeeva'. Therefore they say that the Jeeva is passing through all these three states and therefore this Jeeva must try to reach the Tureeya state and become Brahman. No doubt Jeeva is passing through all these 3 states i.e., state of awakening (jagrath) state of dream (swapna) and the state of deep sleep (sushipthi). These three states are the 3 levels of jeeva. The Lord comes down to these three levels so that different jeevas can attain Him, according to their convenience. Since the Lord is Tureeya you can reach Tureeya even in the awakening state. The Lord becomes more clear and clear as He comes down. Therefore, you can reach Tureeya with your effort combined with His grace. You are leaving Tureeya, who has come down to your level and your trial to reach Tureeya presenting His original level becomes waste. Tureeya is the name of the Lord and

not the name for the level of the Lord.

Tureeyam = the word Tureeya, Brahman = you can reach Tureeya that is Brahman only when Brahman comes down to your level. Hanuman reached Rama who is Brahman that is Tureeya, which has come down to this world. Recognizing Rama as Brahman is the essence of Sadhana because Rama looks like other ordinary human beings.

At the lotus feet of Shri Datta Swami

surya

http://www.universal-spirituality.org

beirutkababa <no_reply> wrote: