IndiaDivine.org

Role of SHAMBU and BRAHMA!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada! I offer my humble obeisance unto him!

All glories to Srila PRabhupada! I offer my humble obeisance unto him!

I know this is a private forum....but...there should be somebody wanting to post something!

Let me start the ball rolling!

What is the role of SHAMBU and BRAHMA in creation? Below is an excerpt by Stephen Knapp quoting Srila BhaktiSiddhanta

Another aspect of understanding Shiva’s position has to do with his purpose, which is connected with how he appeared. This is clearly explained in the ancient text of the Brahma-samhita (verse 15). Therein we find it said “The same Maha-Vishnu created [His next expansion of] Vishnu [Garbhodakashayi Vishnu] from His left limb, Brahma, the first progenitor of beings, from His right limb and, from the space between His two eyebrows, Shambhu, the divine masculine manifested halo.”

In an explanation of this, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta elaborates that when the mundane creation of the universe is manifested, then the principle of Shambhu in the form of Rudra is born from the space between the two eyebrows of Vishnu. Shambhu enshrines the principle of materialistic ego. This principle makes the living being identify with the material body, subject to the desires for material and bodily happiness. (Brahma-samhita, verse 16, purport)

So the power of Lord Shiva comes from the potency of Lord Vishnu. This is described as follows in verse 10 of the Brahma-samhita: “The person embodying the material causal principle, viz., the great lord of this mundane world [Maheshvara] Shambhu, in the form of the male generating organ, is joined to his female consort, the limited energy [Maya] as the efficient causal principle. The Lord of the world Maha-Vishnu is manifest in him by His subjective portion in the form of His glance.”

So, if SHAMBU and MAYA is the causal principal...then what is the exact role of Lord Brahma here, although Lord Krishna is the ULTIMATE...

would be interesting if someone can shed some light on the difference between SHAMBU and BRAHMA in the process of creation?

Haribol!

anand