IndiaDivine.org

Why Hindus Are the Happiest

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sairam, Forwarded message attached.Why Hindus Are the Happiest(source:Hinduism Today)--- On Mon 07/17, pgk murthy < murthypgk > wrote:

Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 01:20:03 -0000 [uttishthata] Why Hindus Are the Happiest

A recent study concludes that Hindus are one of the happiest groups of people on Earth.

George Harrison once said, as reported in Hinduism Today, "Through Hinduism, I feel a better person. I just got happier and happier."

There are many reasons why Hindus are so contented, but I'll point out some of the reasons I believe are important: Hindus believe in reincarnation and karma, which means every human being is at a different level of consciousness, so they have different spiritual needs.

Hinduism provides this, as it gives complete freedom of thought and belief. There are some Hindus who are happy doing pujas while others are happy doing yajnas and still others are happy just meditating.

There are some who like to go on pilgrimages, while others prefer not to go to temples.

Some like to read spiritual books, and some believe God has no form.

Some Hindus enjoy going to temples or satsangs while others like to follow and worship a guru.

People of different levels of consciousness are all happy doing their thing.

This diversity of spirituality does not exist in religions like Islam and Christianity, which have only one God with one name, one book and only one way to worship, on the same day.

Hindus not only have many spiritual books, but there are some still being written.

Hindus are also happy because they respect and love people of all religions and believe in nonviolence.

Hindus not only worship murtis (idols) but they can worship man as God as well.

This variety of spirituality makes man very happy and contented. Bharat J. GajjarHockessin, Delaware, USAsource:Hinduism Today