IndiaDivine.org

Question to all

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I am having an issue with an assignment in school that I need help with. We are studing Hinduism and I came across a question that I am not sure how to answer. The question is as follows: What are the cultural and societal influenced that have made Hinduism vital to the region in which it originated?

I have read the text that was rovided but still am not quite sure how to answer this question. Thank you all for you help.

Hinduism would say that it is actually its deep religious heritage that has shaped culture and society. Indeed the ancient Vedic civilization is designed such that all aspects of life point one toward God. In such a God-centered atmosphere, work, play, and life all revolve around God.

So if you want the real answer, that is it. The actual question does not apply to India, the land of religion, but more applies to a land where God plays second fiddle to the allurement of the world.

I would think that if you do some internet research of the word 'varnashrama" you will find a deeper understanding of just how religion can shape every aspect of culture and society.