IndiaDivine.org

Gurus - definition

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Jaya Guru Datta

Dear dattadevotees -

Can anyone please explain (/define) the difference between the Gurus, Sri Swamiji mentions in speech from July 9th, 2006 in Trinidad

Guru -

Sadguru -

Parama Guru -

Vrutti Guru -

Parameshti Guru -

Jagadguru -

Akshara Guru -

Quote from July 9, 2006:

"Guru, Sadguru and Parama Guru are important. When you call Guru, it is Vrutti Guru - it means a professional teacher. Sadguru means who gives you knowledge. Parama Guru gives you Moksha. Today we are performing the worship of Guru, Sadguru and Parama Guru. Parameshti Guru is Parameshvara or Maha Vishnu. Jagadguru is only one. Lord Krishna. No one else. Many Swamis sport the title Jagadguru. I don't understand. That is why we say Guru Brahma Gururvishnu. I am happy that we all are observing Guru Purnima for three days starting from today. I am very happy that Sanatana Dharma is sacredly respected in Trinidad. We respect all religions and beliefs. Today in this audience there are people from many religions. My religion is Nada religion.

Vyaasa Bhagavan brought out all Puranas and Upanishads. He is the Akshara Guru. Shankaracharya, Madhvaachaarya, Ramanujaachaarya, Jain saints, Guru Nanak they all preached about the same goal. Path may be different but goal is same. The Lord has many names, forms and adherents. It does not matter. It is the same Vishwa Ruupa."

Sri Guru Datta

Bharani