IndiaDivine.org

Ritviks distributing magazines at Ratha Yatra

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

The ritvik fools are at thwe Detroit Ratha Yatra distributing back to Pabhupada magazines. I had a peek into one of the copies and needless to say, it was filled with complete nonsense (ISKCON being the biggest hoax and stuff like that).

The question I have is this ... there were hundreds of people who participated in the Ratha Yatra, associated with devotees, consumed Maha Prasadama and got the Darshan of Their Lordships. Now they come put of the festival feeling good and they get handed these magazines. They read the contents and are all confused not knowing who is right and who is wrong. Without doubt, some of these guys won't show up at the temple after reading the magazine (which is what the ritviks want, keep people away from the temple). Isn't this a great dis-service (sp?) to Srila Prabhupada and Krishna?

Without doubt, some of these guys won't show up at the temple after reading the magazine (which is what the ritviks want, keep people away from the temple). Isn't this a great dis-service (sp?) to Srila Prabhupada and Krishna?

Like Prabhupada said, we can only be destroyed from within...

Guest guest

I didn't know Prabhupada said something like that. But quite true prabhu. It was very disappointing to see it. Scores of devotees worked tirelessly to make this happen and then these Rivik fools show up with their nonsense.

I mean, if they really love Srila Prabhupada and Krsna, why not have their own Ratha Yatra and preach there rather than spoiling someone else's party? It got pretty bad and at one point, the cops arrived.

Like Prabhupada said, we can only be destroyed from within...

Guest guest

this topic should be deleted because an objective response to calling ritviks "fools" would not be allowed by the admin.

If someone cannot defend their beleifs when they are called "fool", then a one-sided presentation should not be allowed.

In the cause of fairness and decency this topic should be deleted immediatly.

There are soem very fixed up and sincere devotees who believe in the ritvik concept.

Calling them fools is the cowardly act of a fool who knows that a ritvik cannot get fair play on this forum.

The ones I met on-line seem happy to say things about Iskcon. They are actually happy critizing Iskcon, and feel 'jolly' to be on the ritivk mission. I swear to God I never thought Vaishnavas could be like this. Puts me off everytime. But they are also addictive to hear. Generally we want to know the faults of others (it makes us feel better). But when we're devotees then we rather see our own. (eventually?).

At least they serving, but it's like they are teaching people to be neopheytes. (i find this hard to explain). But they will or want to make neopheyetes devotees. (with no madhava-adikaris). And how will their be any madhayama-adikaris? If their is no Uttama-adikaris? Eventually a madhama-adikari (can) fall if he has no uttama-adikari. Then you'll have a totally neopheyes Vaishnavas, then it will be like Christinatity, Only Krishna is the Way, only He can save you etc. Blah.

Guest guest

I am the one that started this thread. I apologise if you're a ritvik and feel offended for being called a fool.

It's just very disappointing when these ritviks go around handing these magazines out to people who don't even know the basics of Vaisnavism. I personally saw so many devotees work so hard to make this festival a success, in order to give the common man a chance to learn about Krishna. Instead, what do visitors to the festival get? ... a magazine that tells them all about the 'fallen & corrupt' management of ISKCON!

Go out there and distribute the books Srila Prabhupada wrote. That will save one from samsara, not a crass magazine that decries ISKCON.

Guest guest

This is exactly why I lost all respect for these guys. Love for Sri Krishna is shown by what you do to further His cause, not by how you disrupt someone who is trying to give Krishna Consciousness to others.

Also, saw the vidoe that Raga posted. All I can say about the people in the video is ... tasteless.

The ones I met on-line seem happy to say things about Iskcon. They are actually happy critizing Iskcon, and feel 'jolly' to be on the ritivk mission. I swear to God I never thought Vaishnavas could be like this. Puts me off everytime.

Guest guest

sounds like the 'born again' christians who come every year to the L.A. Ratha Yatra. They come with one of them dressed as a cow, pass out flyers and try to disrupt the festival with their loud speaker. Fortunately most people simply ignore them and see them for what they are.