IndiaDivine.org

second generation devotees

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I often hear the term "second generation" in reference to the children of Srila Prabhupada disciples. eg. "The North American GBC and Spiritual Strategic Planning Initiative are actively seeking qualified second generation men and women to fill an array of important leadership positions within our ISKCON movement. "Romapada Swami on Dandavats.com

In my understanding the grandisciples of Srila Prabhupada are rightly second generation members of ISKCON since our linage in Iskcon is not seminal. Is this a correct assumption?

The aforementioned quote does not specify that the reference is to children of Srila Prabhupada disciples. Yet gurukul alumi are often refer to like this.

More adjectives, and in my not-so-humble opinion, just more tolls to help us falsely identify our external and temporary positions embodied with our real identity.

Because our philosophy denies all this false identification. We all know this if we understand the very rudimentary aspects of this science. Second generation devotee or grand disciple may actually be Srila Prabhupadas godbrother or even business associate, the little daughter of a gurukuli may be a demigod taking form just to engage in samkirtana.

I guess this makes me little brother of the first generation, first generation, yes, but bound to the arrogances of big brothers with no common sense. I was born in 1950, so I was just 17 when first exposed to devotees, who were mostly in their twenties. But when I was 26, I was taking instruction from 22 year olds.

But time marches on. Us oldies are becoming attracted to toys again, we are developing baby consciousness (called alzeimers by the dead scientists). Maybe Im really a forth generation.

Actually, Im an Indigo, I know everything, and I just scream, but when I am lucid, I chant.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

"second generation" has meant the gurukula generation so long that one would need to use another term if they would mean grand-disciples.

There should be no third generation devotees! Everyone should renounce!