IndiaDivine.org

Location & Timings of a Temp

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Raja

thanks for ur valuable info.

Where is located in MOOLAKADI. I want to note it down. how to go about it when iam in city give me the directions and al;so velachery temple

thanks

Umashanker

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

I was a resident of Adamangalam, near POLUR, 25 years ago. There is a Lakshmi Narasimhar temple on the top of the hill which can be seen from long distance. Particulary during night the bright light on the tower of the temple will say POLUR is nearing. But there is only one Bhattar who attends to the temple in the town below also. It is always better to have the information before hand about his availability. In those days it was opened between 8.00 AM to 6.00 PM. I dont know the exact timings now. Polur in on the SH way between Tiruvannamali and Vellore. It is 33 Kms from TV MALAI and 48 Kms from Vellore. It is 55 kms from Vandavasi. It is Taluk Headquarters. All buses stop here. Hotels are also available. From Polur one can reach KETTAVARAMPALAYAM, where the famous RAMABHAJANAI MANDRAM is celebrated every year during RAMANAVAMI. This year Centenary Year Celebrations were celebrated in a grand manner. It is the birth place of the famour Tamil writer ANUTHTAMMA.

I stayed in this village for 3 years and enjoyed the celebrations. It s about 20 kms north of Polur and on enrute to VEERALUR OR MELSOLANKUPPAM, for which many buses ply from Polur and TV Malai.. Normally and jokingly these villages are called the Ground Floor of Javvadu Hills.

Adiyen

Sridharan

yes there is a lakshminarasimhan swamy temple in polur

you can go from vellore or from tiruvannamalai

it is a small town

best wishes

r.narasimhan

On 7/22/06, raja raman <rrb4u (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote: dear sir

to my knowledge, polur is about 10 - 15 kms from vellore. I have crossed polur but I have not idea whether a narasimhar temple is there

rajaraman

UMASHANKER RAJAGOPALAN <shanker11372 > wrote:

Dear Narashimhan

Thsi shanker from New York.

You replied that there is Narashima swamy temple in Polur.

Are you sure it is in Polur or you are trying to say SHOLINGHAR.

If it is in Polur it is news for me. iam ardent devotee of Lord Narshimam. If it is in Polur definitely next trip to India this place is my priority

can u pl clarify this

thanks

shanker

RAJARAMAN

Find out what India is talking about on Answers India.

Here’s a new way to find what you're looking for - Answers

Guest guest

dear mr uma shankar

moolakadai is about 5 km from perambur. it cuts the GST to calcutta. from the moolakadai junction go towards redhills. if u are driving a bike, it wont take even 2 minutes to reach shell petrol bunk. by the side of petrol bunk, you have the Ad mentioning the temple. just 1 one minute drive from this point.

velacheri is about 5 km from guindy. it is 2 minutes drive from velachery bus stand on the main road. u can ask for the perumal temple and proceed

regards

rajaraman

UMASHANKER RAJAGOPALAN <shanker11372 > wrote:

Raja

thanks for ur valuable info.

Where is located in MOOLAKADI. I want to note it down. how to go about it when iam in city give me the directions and al;so velachery temple

thanks

Umashanker

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

RAJARAMAN

Here’s a new way to find what you're looking for - Answers