IndiaDivine.org

Sandhya Vandan and Gayathri Mantra

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

9066 25th July 2006

My dear friends and like minded persons This mail has some reference to a question put to me in the Forum on Sandhyavandana. I desire to complete the topic as abridged as possible and with clarity. Sandhya – the conjunction of time is accepted as three times like sunrise time, midday, and sun set time while in some religions this is accepted as five times adding brahmi muhurat in the early hours before sunrise, and another conjunction as Nisi Muhurat in the night time after sun set. But according to our dharma sastra we are concerned only for three times. We are expected to give Jal Arghya to the Lords while performing Tarpanas each time

separately. According to the custom, only four tarpanaas are being done in some parts of South India.

We got clarification on this from a sage in Himalayas and according to him, tarpanaas are to be given to the Digdevatas like Indram Tarpayaami-Agnim,Yamam,Nrritim,Varunam,Vayum,Kuberam,Ishanam, Urdhwa Purusham, Pridhvim and I have added Navagrahaas like SURYAM,SOMAM,ANGAARAKA,BUDHAM,BRUHASPATIM,BHARGAVAM,SANAICHARAM,RAHUM AND KETUM – EACH suffixed with tarpayaami and finally concluding with Vamsa Rishis.

I found this useful, for the reasons on most occasions many of our friends find it difficult to utter the Sanskrit mantras of the Navagrahaas. This, I found as the most convenient, shortest and the best form. You can practice it. This will not take more than five minutes a time. With regard to Gayathri Mudraas, one may have to go to his Guru to learn this as it is practically not possible to explain on this paper.

The Composition of Gayathri Maha

Mantra is “yo deva asmakam dhiyo dharmadi gochara….” Which means the Lord – asmakam means for me – dhiyo dharmadi gochara – seen and conceived by me as the supreme……….this means the Swaroopa of Gayathri in the form of a female is quite imaginary. “Chaturvigum Satyakshara….” Means, the mantra is composed in 24 letters in three steps each consisting of eight letters and with six sub divisions available for anga Nyaas and Kara Nyas. Please refer to my book Ishwarya Lakshmi Sadhana part I in Telugu where 40 Gayathri Mantras including astadikpaalakaas, navagrahaas are given. In other words, Gayathri Maha Mantra enables every one to choose a Lord of their Choice like Sri Krishna Gayathri; Shri Rama Gayathri; Shri Rudra Gayathri and so on….not necessarily the Photograph of a Goddess normally sold in the book shops etc. This is in ANUSTAP CHANDUS – eight letter composition. When once the meaning and secrets behind the mantra is understood, it gives us a thrilling

and most superfine experience.

This is ADRISHTA – in other words, the one which is visible for naked eyes is DRISHTA and not visible for a naked eye is ADRISHTA. The ADHRISHTA can be experienced and felt with the Gnana Netra and not with a physical eye. I hope I could make this topic easily understood. “Na Gayathri Paramo Mantra” – no other great mantra than Gayathri. Again for Upaasana other mantras can be taken up and a GURU WILL KEEP YOU VERY CLOSE TO THE LORD BY OPENING THE INNER SIGHT. Therefore NA GURO RADHIKAM – No other one is greater than Guru – he is the Brahma, Vishnu and Maheswara and ALL. HE ALONE CAN SHOW US BETTER WAYS, easy way and most comfortable way. Please be reading all the letters written by me and most of the doubts gets clarified. All the best. Truthfully respecting the Lotus Feet of Great Grand Father Shri Krishna Dwipaayan Veda Vyas, The Great Sage Agasya, Holy Maharishi Sandeepani and Vamsa Rishi Gowthama, I take leave of you.

Affly Yours HARA HARA MAHADEVA

DR P V SESHA SAI ASWAMEDHAYAAJI