IndiaDivine.org

my chicago/iowa story part 1

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Well, the tumbleweeds have been rolling around this list, it appears to be time to share the most recent chapter in the saga of Amma and her Prajna....

I flew into Chicago a few days early to hang out with my mom a little. Very sweet. Only a year ago we hardly spoke and could not really relate to each other. For those who don't know the history, my Mom has had a pretty tough life; alchohol, drugs, depression, child abuse, etc. For these reasons and more I ended up being raised by my Dad and his parents, and my Mom and I only saw each other maybe once a year, for a few hours, for most of my formative years. Last August, she came to spend a few days in LA with me. She had been sober for seven months, I think. She was curious about my Amma pictures and my meditation practice. One thing led to another, and her curiosity about Amma led to the beginning of a real relationship between us.

In november we saw Amma in Michigan, and the miracles continued to unfold. Then there was our wedding this summer, which I've already described. She invited my husband and I to come to Chicago for the program there, and then we could drive to Iowa together. Anaghan met up with us at the program site.

4th of July. Mom and I got our room a day early, and spent the afternoon chatting and resting my very bad back which always gets worse around Amma. That night, sitting on the beds, enjoying our roomservice, Mom suddenly jumped up and ran to the window. We then witnessed the biggest fireworks display I've ever seen, right outside our window! It was so sweet.

The next morning I was waiting by the door for Amma to come in. During the pada puja, when she threw the flower petals, one of them landed right into my palm. It was orange, my favorite color, the color of renunciation, the color she wore on our wedding day.

Mom and I had fun shopping together. She bought me a beautiful big Amma doll with a Kali Bhava outfit. That night when I took the doll up to get blessed during my darshan, some very odd things happened. First, the assistant asked my husband and I what was our native language. We always stumble over this because his is Portuguese (he is Brazillian), and mine is English. However, I secretly like it best when Amma gives me darshan in Malayalam. So we never know what to say. Gita knows us, and usually tells Amma "Portuguese and English." But I laughed and told the assistant, "Amma can give us darshan in any language she likes!" So Amma drew us in and chanted, "Meu querido filho" in my husband's ear. Then she turned to me and said, "Meu querido filha" to me. Then she looked in my eyes, laughed, pulled me in again, and said, "Mol, Mol, Mol" (Malayalam). THEN she said, "My daughter, daughter..."

When we got up from this lovely darshan and my doll was handed back to me, I noticed that the trident was missing from Kali's costume. We went back and looked around for it, but Gita said to wait until Amma had left. It turned out that the trident had wound up underneath Amma (?????). This had also happened to us once before when Anaghan had a prayer shawl blessed. When he came away from darshan, he asked where it was. They looked everywhere and it was found right under Amma! She was sitting on it! How did that happen.... twice?

The people in Chicago were so sweet, and I felt such a perceptible difference in the energy. Very welcoming, warm, sweet people, and they loved my Mom.

Devi Bhava was so nice. I stayed up all night, and though my back was in bad shape, managed to sit in meditation for several hours, thanks to Devi's grace. The whole program felt so open, so free. Not nearly as fiery and crazy as San Ramon or LA. Just lovely. Devi seemed to be not human at all. She put sandal paste on my forehead, something that I've always wanted her to do. She was so affectionate with Anaghan and I. The gracious goddess.

Well, Devi is both the sweet Mother and the terrible Kali, isn't she? In Iowa I had a taste of Kali's sword. To be continued.....

love,

Prajna

"Children, all of spirituality is contained in that one word: Awareness." - Amma

Guest guest

Re: garlanding Amma w/Kali skulls. I am amazed at your brave heart. I don't have the courage yet to do anything like that!!! What an amazing energy you have manifest. I am very drawn to the Kali energy as well, always have been. I like to imagine her working on me, but I never thought to step into her like that - thanks so much for your wonderful story.

Om Namashivaya - In Amma's service,

Supriti Omenka Nnadi

Guest guest

ONS Prajna

Wonderful! Wonderful! Can't wait to hear more of the story. Also,

interested in how Amma has impacted upon your mom's life.

Prajna - Brianna wrote:

>

> Well, the tumbleweeds have been rolling around this list, it appears

> to be time to share the most recent chapter in the saga of Amma and

> her Prajna....

>

>

--

"Naan Amme Snehikkunnu"

Be Love,

Nischala

http://www.ammasgirl.com