IndiaDivine.org

Revised rule for foreign travel

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Members,

I have been provided 4 more cases where 3 cases are following the rule but there is one case where MD lord is 12th lord himself and Sat is aspecting 12th house by graha drishti. And therefore I request the permission to modify the first part of the rule for MD lord a bit. It still involves the influence of Sat. In olden days, travel to foreign places was considered not desirable and was equivalent of exile. Even today people who are doing well in their homeland, do not want to migrate. In a way moving to foreign country for longer term (again someone will ask what is longer term - 1yr, 2yr or more) is still like a punishment because you have to start all over, struggle, adjust and compromise, and hope to succeed. I think this explains the involvment of Saturn.

There are many other aspects of this issue that I will be exploring as I get more charts. For example travel to a foreign country for pleasure and sightseeing must be considered different from moving to a foreign country for residence and work. Probably some other planets like Jupiter and Rahu would have something to say about this. As a matter of fact, a few learned people are asking a very basic question - What constitutes a foreign travel ? - I don't have a clear cut answer today and I don't know if I will ever have one.

Also to have some predictive value, I need to research the planets in transit at the time of foreign travel and see what is their role.

Pratap's Rule for Foreign Travel (Revision 3):

"MD lord in rasi chart shall be resident either in Capricorn or Aquarius (houses owned by Saturn) or be aspecting Sat (in rasi chart) by graha/rasi drishti or be Sat himself. Alternatively MD lord should be 12th lord himself and Sat must be aspecting 12th house or 12th lord by graha drishti.

In addition, all of the lords of VD (MDL-ADL-PDL-SDL-PADL-DAL) including MD lord shall be associated (placed in, aspecting by graha or rasi drishti or be the dispositor of 12th lord) with the 12th lord (from Lagna) or the houses owned by 12th lord in rasi chart."

Best Wishes for all,

Pratap