IndiaDivine.org

BEING THE MIRROR ? Delusions are the nature of clay.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

You are right. While there are numerous holes in your argument, I can

never "prove" anything to you.

Nor can you to me.

No one can indepedently prove anything to anyone.

We can have shraddha in the sciptures though and try

to understand it to the best we can.

Since Buddhism does not believe in the shruti as a

valid pramana to begin with, it can only operate in

abstract logic.

My pranams,

Shyam

-- In advaitin, Lulu Dong <lulu.dong wrote:

>

> Namaste, Shyam

>

>

> how can he be at peace forever, the one with the greatest

delusion of all..

Guest guest

List Moderator's Note: The thought, that he/she tries to destroy the delusion of others occurs only under 'delusion'. The above statement is 'paradoxical' and so also all the statements in the scriptures on the nature of the Brahman are also paradoxical. The scripture correctly asserts that 'the Brahman only knows the Brahman.' This scriptural assertion can never be disputed even by a very smart person like you with well equipped logical ability. Our delusion can only be destroyed when we recognize and accept the fact that no one is deluded!! Actually your apparant intellect is only confronting another apparant intellect. This is one of the pitfalls of conducting intellectual debate without an iota of faith. Instead of wasting our energy in confrontation, we should direct it toward contemplation which can pave the way for us to go beyond our intellect. This last statement is also a scriptural assertion. The scripture also assets that faith is the most important ingredient to those who truly want to understand and achieve the scriptural Truth. This quotation from St. Augustine is quite appropriate when we face confrontational situations - "Faith is to believe what we don't see and its reward is to see what we believe!"

--

I appologize, I hope you're not mad at me now, for trying to destroy your delusion, or the delusion that we are thought in scripture.

please excuse my confrontation. lulu