IndiaDivine.org

Respect evrything.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear ones,

May Mother's blessings be on us all, always.

We are very lucky. Sri Maa is the living Holy Mother for us.

Once in Joyrambati, a brahmchari was sweeping the courtyard of Sri Sarda Devi's house. After finishing the job, he just threw the broom in the corner. The HolyMother (Sri Sarda Devi) was sitting in the verrandah(front corrider) of the house and saw it. She called him and told him "Be respectful to the broom also. Has it not cleaned the whole space for you. It will be ready to do it again, when you need it. one should show respect to everything." He promptly took the broom and kept it in the corner respectfully.

Regards

Chetan

Posted by: "srini_sadhu" srini_sadhu srini_sadhu Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:41 am (PST)

Beloved Karen, Chris and everybody,

Thanks for this beautiful discussion and sharing Maa's words and thinking more deeply

about them.

One time we were in the kitchen with Maa and Maa had a can of garbanzo beans (i think)

to be drained. Immediately, i took the colander that was closest and was going to put the

can in it when Maa said "Too big."

So i put that colander aside and rushed to get a smaller one and emptied the can into it.

Maa said, "Show respect", looking at the big colander.

I put the big colander back in its original place...

This must have all happened in a minute or so - but it was such a good lesson in being

"respectful".

i learnt that if we are aware and conscious (Swamiji calls "efficient") then we show respect.

If we think of each object as divine, we will not just throw it around or make it wait -- the

big colander had no need to be sitting around - He went back to his house in the closet

and did japa! :-) It helps me be happy to of all tools and people we come to interact with

as forms of God. God is so beautiful, varied and close...all the time!

May Divine Mother bless us to be conscious of Her presence - around us, within us and

everywhere -- all the time! Jai MAA!

Chetan Merani

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail.