IndiaDivine.org

Past-Life Memories

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Been watching documentaries on reincarnation and past lives. There were some accounts of some amazing past-life recalls. Some people were able to speak in languages they did not know in this lifetime, and describe places, people and things, that they could have had no knowledge about. All these people shared memories of a human birth. Which got me thinking, if we can retrograde back into animal form, how come no one ever has memories as animal? most people only are able to recall past lives as humans. Based on the research of countless reincarnation studies in India, Burma, Nepal, and also the west, it seems the majority only remember human past lives.

I think animal reincarnation might only happen in certain cases, like with totally depraved people. Most people that we can actually have some tracking of their spiritual progress, seem to continue on in human birth from lifetime to lifetime. I am not saying that some people don't reincarnate as animals, but sometimes an animal rebirth may mean being reborn with a bestial consciousness in a human body, and not necessarily in an animal body. I have heard some Swamis teach this, and it seems to tie in with reincarnation research as well.