IndiaDivine.org

Re. Sri Sankaracharya on Sushupti and Moksha

Rate this topic

Guest guest

H.N.Sreenivasa Murthy

Dear Sri Br.Vinayaka,

The author of the book' God realisation through Reason'

Swami Ishwarananda Belongs to Sri Ramakrishna Mission. In the third edition of the book he has written a preface and it has appeared in the fourth edition,published in 1975, also. I do not know whether you have read the preface. If you have not done so I request you to read. I would like to present a few excerpts for the benefit of tthe members who have not read it. It is very, very important to note the contents of the excerpts.

QUOTE:

(A) The topics discussed , the approach to, and the technique of jnanayoga expounded in this book are different from those of Swamiji's lectures.

(B) The Upanishadic traditions were of two kinds: one theological and mystical (Yoga) and the other rational (Samkhya). Of these, Swami Vivekananda followed the rationalist tradition up to a certain point and advocated, as the final step, mysticism or yoga which culminated in intuition and inspiration in the superconscious state. The rationalist tradition, on the other hand, represented by the Rishis to whom this book is dedicated, stuck to reason of the conscious state to the very end for the highest realization, and this book follows their tradition.

© This book seeks to expound the philosophical approach to the realization of Brahman, The Absolute Reality, in a very simple and rational way...the author has only sought to clear the most ancient path trodden by the Rishis of the Upanishads of over-growths. Mystical approaches and theological doctrines have been so much mixed up with the purely rational method in course of time to make the latter path to disappear, as it were, beneath the former, leaving only a faint streak on the surface to enable to remind us of the existence of the path of jnanayoga. . . .

UNQUOTE.

The title of the book is very SIGNIFICANT.

Ever yours in The Divine,

Sreenivasa Murthy

Dear Members,

Sri Shankara's tradition is rational to the very core as it is evident from his commentaries. And this point has been brought out by the author in a brilliant manner. I request all the members to study this book with an open mind and to see for themselves whether any new experience is required or arising of Viveka is required for Atma Jnana.

With warm regards,

Sreenivasa Murthy

Here's a new way to find what you're looking for - Answers

Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Messenger Version 8. Get it NOW