IndiaDivine.org

Question on Intelligent Design

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Members,

I request the learned members of this group to kindly shed light what Hinduism says about Intelligent Design theory.

Recently, there was much outrage in the academic world when "intelligent design" was proposed by some to be scientific. The theory of "intelligent design" argues that the universe, being so intricately structured, must surely be the design of a super-intelligent being. It is the opposite of evolution, which is the largely observable fact that life and the universe evolves over time, adapting to changes of natural conditions. While creationism simplistically believes in a first cause of everything, evolution says what continually reshapes the world is the complex network of fluxing yet interconnected natural and human-made factors which make up the world itself.

I understand that evolution theory has no place in Hinduism, but I would like to know whether this Intelligent design can be equated with Brahman, the Creator.I wish to know what Hinduism tells about this.

nivrutta

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail.

The process of creation has been well described in Srimath Bhagavatham. It is difficult to expalin the whole thing in a nut shell. Please read the Bagavtham your self and then ask any questions. Yes, Lord Sriman Narayana explained the process to Brhama and instructed him to create. Brahma has started the creation some 1.95 billion years ago. There is no point in arguing with material scientists as they do not beleive in Vedas (The reservoir of Knowledge). The scientists do not beleive in athma (the soul) or the Parmathma (Super soul, Lord Sriman Narayana). If some one wants to believ in some thing it is their karma.

After reading about the creation process in Srimath Bagavatham, please come back with questions.

With Best Wishes,

Narender Reddy

Nivrutta Ravi <nivrutta_r > wrote:

Dear Members,

I request the learned members of this group to kindly shed light what Hinduism says about Intelligent Design theory.

Recently, there was much outrage in the academic world when "intelligent design" was proposed by some to be scientific. The theory of "intelligent design" argues that the universe, being so intricately structured, must surely be the design of a super-intelligent being. It is the opposite of evolution, which is the largely observable fact that life and the universe evolves over time, adapting to changes of natural conditions. While creationism simplistically believes in a first cause of everything, evolution says what continually reshapes the world is the complex network of fluxing yet interconnected natural and human-made factors which make up the world itself.

I understand that evolution theory has no place in Hinduism, but I would like to know whether this Intelligent design can be equated with Brahman, the Creator.I wish to know what Hinduism tells about this.

nivrutta

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail.

Dear Sriman Narender Reddy, praNAmams.

I would like to address one of your comments here regarding

scientists:

>There is no point in arguing with material scientists as they do ?

>not beleive in Vedas (The reservoir of Knowledge). The scientists

>do not beleive in athma (the soul) or the Parmathma (Super soul,

>Lord Sriman Narayana). If some one wants to believ in some thing it

>is their karma.

I personally study astronomy and cosmology, did a degree in Physics, am overwhelmingly convinced by the Big Bang, evolution and other current scientific theories about the origin of the universe and life, and also believe that all of these things are nothing but a wonderful manifestation of Bhagavad Sankalpam.

Perhaps, it is even more awe-inspiring that the Lord created

all things through the wonderful process of the Big Bang and

Evolution, than if creation had occurred exactly as literally

described in Srimad Bhagavatam and other holy texts. In fact in my

view the Big Bang and evolution enhance our understanding of the

glory and majesty of perumAL, and the symbolic value of Srimad

Bhagavatam and Vedic accounts of creation is only enhanced by this.

I do not think that those of us with scientific backgrounds need to feel any conflict between this and our faith.

Dear Sriman Reddy, you have asked us to read Srimad Bhagavatam

to find out more about the purANic account of creation. No doubt it would reinforce our faith; also I would suggest that we all take a look at elementary physics, astronomy and cosmology books, to learn about the great scientific journey and the understanding of the Universe that we get from it. I am sure that your faith in perumAL will only be increased by such reading.

Please forgive me for any offences caused,

sarvAparAdhAn kShamasva

namO nArAyaNAya

with praNAmams,

Ranjan

Nobel Laur ALVEN raised these questions in 1984 - to Indian astronomy/astrophysics groups. (see IEEE Space Cosmology-Dec 1992 issue)

This interaction requires serious indepth study. My work in reply is below.

Presently Cosmology is undergoing REVISION and

BIG-BANG, Dark Matter, DARK ENERGY and Blackholes are all under question.

Evolution needs to catch up with creation.

The books provide search links and routes for many COSMOS QUESTIONS that link-up COSMOS YOGA SERIES as follow-up.

SEARCH : GOOGLE- Cosmology Vedas/Cosmology Interlnks

ebookomatic (dot) com/ author NANDURI Aid=241 or 1019

COSMOLOGY VEDAS-PUBLICITY

cosmologyvedas in blogspot (dot) com

Edit Summary:Cosmology,Cosmogony,Space Science,Philosophy,

consciousness,interlink fields,alternate cosmology,cosmology-vedas,

Cosmology Interlinks,Space Exploration, Knowledge Expansion

Vidyardhi Nanduri

Cosmology for World Peace