IndiaDivine.org

symptoms

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello

Thank you to all of you who welcomed me to the group.

I did my first kundalini yoga session today (by watching a DVD). Afterwards I felt cold and have felt cold all day and evening at one point my hands being quite icy. (Which is unusual for me) It wasn't cold here today, it was warm for the time of year, about 74 degrees. I understand that the feeling of being really cold can be a sign of kundalini awakening. Has anyone else experienced this?

Love and Light

Jacqui

If you can walk you can dance!

If you can talk you can sing!

African Proverb

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh,

Kundalini awakening I believe is different for every person. Some people get headaches, feeling of cold or hot, seeing light at the third eye point or I get energy sensations shooting up my spine to the crown of my head.

Explore the feelings that you observe and see what your body does.

I was reading a slok from JapJi sahib on the Live audio feed from Harimandar Sahib and after reading the slok I go this shooting up my spine to the top of my head which is hard to describe. It goes to the top of the head then reasonates to every part of the body.

My advice is to get to know your body and how it reacts to different postures and actions.

Sat Nam,

Goldie.

_______

This e-mail and any attached files are intended for the named addressee only. It contains information which may be confidential and legally privileged and also protected by copyright. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify the sender immediately and then delete it from your system. We make every effort to keep our network free from viruses. However you do need to check this e-mail and any attachments to it for viruses as we can take no responsibility for any computer virus which may be transferred by way of this e-mail.

Jacqui <minx (AT) frenchwench (DOT) fsnet.co.uk>

kundaliniyoga

Sunday, 10 September, 2006 5:03:24 AM

Kundalini Yoga symptoms

Hello

I did my first kundalini yoga session today (by watching a DVD). Afterwards I felt cold and have felt cold all day and evening at one point my hands being quite icy. (Which is unusual for me) It wasn't cold here today, it was warm for the time of year, about 74 degrees. I understand that the feeling of being really cold can be a sign of kundalini awakening. Has anyone else experienced this?

Love and Light

Jacqui

African Proverb

Hi Jacqui,

I really don't know. This past week I've had the flu and really can't say. The chills I was having I think was from the flu and not the kundalini yoga session. Hope to get back to a normal schedule this week. Later on, I'll pay attention to that and see what happens. Thank you for pointing this out.

Peace,love,light,

Michael

Jacqui <minx (AT) frenchwench (DOT) fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

Hello

Love and Light

Jacqui

African Proverb

Sat Dharam

Many thanks for your words of guidance and wisdom. As I am very new to yoga

and this list, I apologise to you and anyone else I offended by using the

word "symptom". I purely meant it to mean a feeling of physical or mental

change that I couldn't explain as a result of my session and not as

something derogatory. I didn't know what other word to use, maybe I should

have used "feelings" instead? I am tuning in with the Adi Mantra, although

on my DVD they do it 3 times, I will do as you suggest, pause it and do it 5

times or more until I feel ready to start the set. I so wish I could

attend a class, but we have nothing around where I live, therefore I will

have to rely on this list, the website and the Carolyn Cowan DVD I am using

for help. Can I also ask another question and I apologise if it sounds

stupid, but is it ok to do the meditations separate from the yoga kyrias?

So for example if I have a limited time period, say I am at work and I have

a ten minute break during which time I could meditate, would this be ok, or

should meditations always be done before or after completing a yoga kyria

set?

In Love and Light

Jacqui

Jacqui,

I have heard also that the "coldness" is a symptom of kundalini awakening. Someone told me this is the astral body still cleansing(?) or resisting. One symptom I've been experiencing is the feeling of electrical current running thru me. I've had other symptoms as well.

Esmel

Michael Mahalak <zoochef2000 > wrote:

Hi Jacqui,

I really don't know. This past week I've had the flu and really can't say. The chills I was having I think was from the flu and not the kundalini yoga session. Hope to get back to a normal schedule this week. Later on, I'll pay attention to that and see what happens. Thank you for pointing this out.

Peace,love,light,

Michael