IndiaDivine.org

reg.visit to Kerala divya desams

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Mr . Rajagopalan ,

I am extremely impressed about the mail . I am sure that it will serve as a guide to everyone ( including me ) who have not done MalaiNadu Thirupathigal. I appreciate the initiative taken by you in setting up this mail and the information is quite useful and will serve everyone.

I remain thankful to u once again.

S RAJAGOPALAN <yesargee > wrote:

I had recently visited all the Malainadu divyadesams. I will give a travel plan which may help others in the attached file.

While planning your trips, please remember these things.

1. Malainadu Temples open very early in the morning and close by 10.30/11.00 and reopen by 4.00 and close by 7.30/8.00.

2. You have to wear only pant/dhothy and no shirt on. Coloured Lungis are prohibited.

3. The priests and others in the temple are normally helpful.

RAJAGOPALAN

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Arial;}}

{\*\generator Msftedit 5.41.15.1503;}\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20\par

Malainattu Divya desams are\par

1.Thiruvananthapuram Anantha Padmanabhan\par

2. Thiruvanparisaram Thirukkuralappan\par

3. Thirukakara Katkariappan\par

4. Thirumuzikkalam Appan\par

5. Thiruppuliyur Mayapiran\par

6. Thiruchenkunrur Imayavarappan\par

7 ThiruNavai Navai Mukundan \par

8. Thiruvallavaz Kolapiran\par

9. Thiruvamundur Pampanaiappan\par

10.Thiruvattaru Adikesavan\par

11.Thiruvichikodu Uyyavanda Perumal\par

12.Thirukkadithanam Arputha Narayanan\par

13 Thruvaranvila Thirukuralappan.\par

\par

Assuming that one is a simple and cost conscious person willing to travel alone , the following programme is stated. However with suitable alterations group of people travelling on chartered car/van/bus can also plan. \par

Day - 1. THIRUVANPARISARAM, THIRUVATTAR & THIRUVANANTHAPURAM:\par

\par

Depending on your location, you can plan your trip. If from Madurai side visit can be like this. Reach Nagrcoil. Thiruvanparisaram is just 4 Kms from Nagarcoil. It is called as Thirupathicharam by local people. Town Buses are available. Keralite priests are available. \par

Thiruvattaru is 30 Kms from Nagarcoil. Though direct buses are available from Nagarcoil they are not very frequent. Better take Buses to Marthandam from Nagarcoil. They are very frequent. From their Local buses can take you to Thiruvattaru. The Temple is about 300 metres fro Local Bus Stand.\par

\par

Reach back Marthandam. From here you will get Buses to Thiruvananthapuram. Padmanabha swamy Temple will be open till 12.00 and thereafter opens at 4.00/5.00 PM. It is about 2 Kms from Busstand. If you plan to start by 5.00 Am you can cover all the above 3 temples by Noon. Good Hotels are available. If you do not insist , Boiled rice will be served. Be careful.\par

\par

THIRUCHENGUNRUR, THIRUPPULIYUR, THIRUVARANVILA:\par

\par

By 4.00 PM, you can reach Chengannur. Six Divya Kshethrams are located near by.\par

Thiruchirraru i.e. Thiruchengunrur is about 2 Kms from Busstand. Better take an auto. The fare is 20/- for single trip. You can be back at Bus stand by 5.30 PM. Reach Chenganur Railway station. From there you will get local busest to Thiruppuliyur. Buses stop near Temple. You can return to Railway station bus stand by 6.30 PM. From there go to Aranmula by Bus. You can visit the temple and return by 7.30 PM.\par

\par

Stay at Chengannur for the night.\par

Day 2.\par

THIRUVAMUNDUR, THIRUVILLA & THIRUKKADITHANAM\par

Start early morning. Buses are available from Bustand toThiruvamundur. Buses stop at Thiruvamundur Temple. You can complete and reach Thiruvalla from there in 30 - 40 Miniutes.\par

>From there hire auto to visit the temple.Hire charges Rs.20/- for single trip. By 8.00/9.00 Am you would be back from Bus stand. From there you can go to Chengananchery. Temple is reachable by bus and by 11.30 AM your Darsans will be over. From there reach Ernakulam. You can have a decent lunch here,\par

\par

THIRUKKAKARA & THIRUMOOZIKALAM:\par

>From Ernakulam Buses are available to goto Edappalli. Kakkara buses are also available from Ernakulam also. Buses stop near Temple. After Darsan get back to Edapalli. Board Bus to Aluva(Alwaye). From Alwaye board bus bound towards MALA. Thirumoozikkalam is located between Mala and Alwaye. From here you can reach Guruvayur by night. If possible have Darsan. Otherwise darsan will be by 3.00 AM.\par

Day 3.\par

GURUVAUR, THIRUNAVAI & THIRUVICHICODU.\par

For this take bath by 12.30 night and get in to the queue. Your Darsan will be over by 4.00 AM. Board bus to Kuttipuram. Buses to Kozhicode go via Kuttipuram. From Kuttipuram Buses are available to go to ThiruNava. By 7.00 AM you would have completed your Dharsan. Get back to Kuttipuram Bustand. From here go to Pattambhi. From Pattambhi Buses ply to Thiruvichicode. From Bus stop you will have to walk for about 1.5 KM. Autos are available. From Pattambh you can hire autos also. It will be costly. Get back to Pattambi by noon. From here you will get bus to Palghat and there after to Coimbatore.\par

\par

So in 2 1/2 days you can cover traversing from Nagarcoil to Coimbatore. Please note that Guruvayur is not one of the 108 Divya Desams. \par

\par

If you are from CHENNAI,Vellore Salem & Coimbatore side simply revere the trip.\par

}

Regards

R.SRINIVASAN.

Regional Manager.

Pinnacle Financial Services & Invst.

Consultancy Services P Ltd.,Chennai.

Ph : 044 - 4214 5614 /15.

M : 98403 48393.

Want to be your own boss? Learn how on Small Business.

Mr Balaji

Thanks for your email. Regarding your visit to Chenganur group divyadesams, Please note the following which will supliment my earlier travel tips to Kerala Divya desams.

The Distance between Chengannur and Chenganancery is about 20 Kms. Chenganur Railway Station to Thiruchitruru(Temple) is about 2 KM. Thiruppuliyur is about 6 KM from Chenganur Railway Station in the western Direction..Aranmula is about 10 km in the Eastern Direction from Chenganur RS. All the above places are well connected by frequent Bus Services from Chenganur RS Busstand. Thiruvamundur is about 6 kms from Chenganur. But you have to deviate from the Main Road ie Chenganur - Kottayam Road. This place is connected by Bus both from Thiruvilla and Chenganur.

Thiruvilla is about 10 Km from Chenganur. Temple is further 2 Kms from Bus stand. Chengananchery is about 12 KM from Thiruvillah. Temple is about 2 KM from Bus Stand. Thus you will find the total traversing distance will be about 65 Km. It is upto you to decide about hiring an Auto. In my opinion, if your mother is very old and cannot take up Bus Travel, you may go for an Auto. But the charges will be for about 100 kms and may well be beyond Rs.250/-. By Bus for both it will not be more than Rs.100 for both.. Autos are available in Chenganur, Thiruvillah and Chengananchery. All the three places are big and are on the main Trivananthapuram Kottayam Road. About Hotels, there are eating places. But as I have not taken any where, I am not sure about the quality. It is also difficult to know whether they are vegetarian or otherwise. Please note that all the above places are christian dominated. As the six places can be covered in less than a day even by bus, better have some

prepared items like tamarind rice, Lemon rice Chappathi Curd rice and pickles. I do not know from where you are going to start your journey. Though the above idea will be applicable if you come from Kottayam side or Thiruvananthapuram side. Chenganur Station has Retiring Room facility. about 1.5 Km away River Pamba is flowing. If you need any further information please mail me.

Regards

S RAJAGOPALAN

Want to be your own boss? Learn how on Small Business.

Dear Sri Rajagopalan

Why you did not visit TIRUPOONITHURA near Ernakulam? There is a beautiful Sri Krishna Temple there.

Adiyen

P.N.Kannan

OM SRI CHINMAYA SADGURAVE NAMAH:

------------------

Probn. CA P.N.Kannan, B.Com., FCA (Director, CORD,Thamaraipakkam)

'Keshavam' Crystal Kasthuri Apts., Flat No.:'E'  Third Floor

Plot No 5072, New No 91., Sixth Avenue, 'Z' Block

Anna Nagar, CHENNAI 600 040

Moblle : 9381062307

Phones: (Res) 044 42178514  

(Off) 044 55442691(CORD Thamaraipakkam)

E-Mail : Terms of Use | Un

Recent Activity

New Members

New Links

Visit Your Group

HotJobs

Be Discovered! ?

Upload your resume

Employers find you

Mail

You're invited!

Try the all-new

Mail Beta

Y! Messenger

All together now

Host a free online

conference on IM.

__,_._,___

Hello

As I had no knowledge about Thirupnithura temple and my mind was tuned only on 108 Divyadesams I did not visit. However for my night stay I went to Guruvayur and as a corollary I had Nirmalya darsanam at Guruvayur before proceeding to ThiruNavai. I will worship at Thiruppanithura in my next visit. Thankyou for bringing it to my knowledge. Regards.

RAJAGOPALAN

Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out.

Dear Sir,

Near Tirumozikulam Lakshman Temple divya desham one make time to visit

Kalady birth place of Adi Shankaracharya is about an hour and half

journy form Tirumozikulam . Now the birth place of shankaracharya was

taking care by Jagadguru of Sringeri Sharada Mutt and a beautiful

temple is buit on the soil of Guru sankaracharya house. Mother

Aryamba's samadhi is with in the temple and well maintained. Near

Kalady busstand Jagadguru of Kanchi Kamakoti mutt has built and

shankara smaraka tower which narrates the life story of Adi

shankaracharya.

Regards

Ramesh

Chennai

Dear Sir

Samkara BhagawadpaDA'S MOTHER aRYAMBA'S ILLOM (HOUSE) was at a place called PIRAVOM in Veliyanad ,Kerala called near Ernakulam. As was the custom in those days the mother Aryambha should have come to her mother's house for deliivery and Sri Sankara Bhagadpada's avatar must have ytaken place there only. Thhis building whch housed Aryambha's family was purchased by Chinmaya International Foundation as per directive from Pujya Gurudev Swami Chinmayanandaji Maharaj when the Nambudiri family were about to sell off the property to a Christian or Moslem businessman to develope into resort.

Now this place under the care of Chinmaya International Foundation (CIF) asnd is called 'Adi Sankara Nilayam' .Research on Sanskrit is going on. There are new buildings built for Spriritual Retrets. But the original building of the Illom where the great Adi Sankara must have taken avatar is kept intact. The Ashram is throbing with the vibrations of the Master and its atmosphere is serene and sublim ideal for Adhyatmic Sadhana.

Hari OM!

P.N.Kannan

OM SRI CHINMAYA SADGURAVE NAMAH:

------------------

Probn. CA P.N.Kannan, B.Com., FCA (Director, CORD,Thamaraipakkam)

'Keshavam' Crystal Kasthuri Apts., Flat No.:'E'  Third Floor

Plot No 5072, New No 91., Sixth Avenue, 'Z' Block

Anna Nagar, CHENNAI 600 040

Moblle : 9381062307

Phones: (Res) 044 42178514  

(Off) 044 55442691(CORD Thamaraipakkam)

E-Mail : imbu (AT) hotmail (DOT) com   cord_tpkm (AT) hotmail (DOT) com

"blr_ramesh" <blr_ramesh >

Re: reg.visit to Kerala divya desams

Wed, 20 Sep 2006 17:03:46 -0000

Dear Sir,

Near Tirumozikulam Lakshman Temple divya desham one make time to visit