IndiaDivine.org

some thoughts to share....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Pranam to all members,

I thank all those who provided answers to "basic questions" raised by me.

I live in a Arab country and therefore i live in an environment of Islamic beliefs and customs. I would like to share my close observance of local people and their faith:

a) I appreciate some positive traits which Islam imbibes in its followers.. The children are educated in Quran right from age of 5-6. How far they understand it, is a different question. Therefore they grow being a believer rather than an agnostic (read confused!) person (like me). The strong belief in God seems to carry them in times of adversities. The strong shariat laws prevailing in these countries, desists people from crimes and other forms of abuse. In general i find these people having higher moral qualities than most Indians / westerners which profess of more "liberal" thinking.

b) The strong monotheism stressed in Islam, makes it simpler to understand and practise. There is not much to interpret in Islam unlike in ocean of books available in other doctrines like hinduism etc. There is much less intellectual gymnastics involved. This is one reason why it has spread across the globe so rapidly.

c) The custom of compulsory fasting and donation, makes a muslim going back to Quran every time. They acquire positive aspects better than followers of other religion.

d) There are negative aspects as well in this system. There is a strong message that Allah is the only god, and worshippers of any other God(s) or a non-Islamic practise will lead the person to fires of Hell. This makes people here fundamentalist in their attitude. What is GOOD and BAD is clearly defined, this makes it a monolithic culture without a flavour of pluralism in it.

e) It is repeatedly emphasized that Islam is the only religion to attend salvation. Any other religion / belief is bound to lead you to failure. God has perfected religion in form of Islam and sent it to mankind through Prophet Mohammed. This is the last and only true religion. There will be a day of judgement when everybody's action will be judged and he/she will be evaluated accordingly.

In the end, i leaves me wondering how come a God sent Prophet (Muhammed) delivered beliefs which are so much in contrast with other religions of the world. The idealogy of Islam puts a screw-cap on any other religious thoughts. Where is the convergence in religious thoughts ??

I invite respected scholars to share their view on this subject.

regards

Sundeep

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.