IndiaDivine.org

Chapter 40 :Sri_Sai_Sat_Charitra_Concise(Version)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Om Shree Ganeshaya Namah

Om Sai Ram

Chapter 40:::

Deo Udhyapan

Deo, who was the mamlatar of Dahanu wanted to conduct an udhyapan (thanks giving ceremony) on his completing a number of vows. He wrote to Baba inviting him. Baba said to Jog: “Write to him saying that if one invites me with his heart I rush to him. I do not need any rail or airplane to go to places. Inform him that I, you and one more will come to the function.’ A few days before this a sannaysi from Bengal came to Deo at Dahanu asking for donations for the protection of cows. Deo had told him to come after some time. On the day of the function the sanyasi came in a horse drawn carriage with two others and saying that ‘he has come for food and not for donation’ part took the food and went away. Later Deo wrote to Shirdi complaining that Baba had cheated him by telling a lie that he would come to the function. Before the letter was opened Baba remarked: “I will give up my life than to go back on my words. I went with two persons. But without recognizing Me, he thought

that the sanyasi came to collect donations. Did not three of us come in time?” Deo was moved to tears at the kindness of Baba and stunned at the way Baba appeared as Bengali sanyasi and two others.

In 1917 on the day of Holi festival (a full moon day) Baba appeared in the dream of Hemand Panth in Bandra and said that He was coming to his house for food. At noon, when every one sat for the meals, door was closed, food was offered to Lord Krishna, ghee was also served as a token for commencing the serving of food, there was a knock on the doors. When opened Hemand Panth saw two Moslem friends named Ali Mohemmed and Ismu Majuvar standing with a big pocket. Seeing all seated for food, Ali said ‘Sorry! Please carry on with your food. This pocket is yours. I will tell the background later’ and went away giving the packet to Hemad Panth. When opened Hemad Panth was thrilled as it was a big beautiful portrait of SaiBaba. With tears in his eyes Hemad Panth installed the portrait in the middle of the room and offered the meals to Him, the one who never forsakes His devotees.

By A.Govindakrishnan

"Gurur Brahma Gurur Vishnu

Gurur Devoh Maheshwar;

Gurur Shakshat Parambramha

Tashmai Shri Gurur Veh Namah"

May the Merciful Sri Sai Baba always shower His grace on us and our families and remove our problems and anxieties by giving us all - strength , goodluck, success and happiness with peace of mind.

Sai bhakt,

Deepa H

debu7366