IndiaDivine.org

Kishi Knot

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello Guys,

Do any of you know how to wind long hair into a Rishi Knot on top of

your head? I have tried to find information on the internet on how to

do it and I can't seem to find anything that tells how you do it? Any

help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Much Love and Peace...Katherine

There is no information, PROBABLY because its not possible to tie a rishi knot. i have never seen any living person having it.

What i do know, and what i have read at few places is that, This KNOT on the top of the head is infact COMPLETE OPEN CROWN CHAKRA. in few literature i have come across, it is said that, when the Crown Chakra opens completely(which mean that, in a normal human this crown chakra is pointing downwards, when it opens, means it starts points upwards), it appear to give the impression of a Rishi Knot, which infact is not hair BUT crown chakra. Gautam buddha was one person who was suppose to have this rishi knot.

But as i said, its in few literature only, and most of them vary(the explainations and theories and shape etc etc)..

Rgds

saurabh

Katherine <katsam19 > wrote:

Hello Guys,

Do any of you know how to wind long hair into a Rishi Knot on top of

your head? I have tried to find information on the internet on how to

do it and I can't seem to find anything that tells how you do it? Any

help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out.

Sat Nam,

Katherine

There was a lengthily discussion about a year ago, check the

archives under rishi knot. You should be able to find some thing on

www.google.com.

Peace Love & All Light,

Guru Sadhana Seva

Phila,PA

Kundaliniyoga, saurabh sharma <sonae_78

wrote:

>

> There is no information, PROBABLY because its not possible to tie

a rishi knot. i have never seen any living person having it.

> What i do know, and what i have read at few places is that, This

KNOT on the top of the head is infact COMPLETE OPEN CROWN CHAKRA. in

few literature i have come across, it is said that, when the Crown

Chakra opens completely(which mean that, in a normal human this

crown chakra is pointing downwards, when it opens, means it starts

points upwards), it appear to give the impression of a Rishi Knot,

which infact is not hair BUT crown chakra. Gautam buddha was one

person who was suppose to have this rishi knot.

> But as i said, its in few literature only, and most of them vary

(the explainations and theories and shape etc etc)..

> Rgds

> saurabh

>

> Katherine <katsam19 wrote:

> Hello Guys,

>

> Do any of you know how to wind long hair into a Rishi Knot on top

of

> your head? I have tried to find information on the internet on how

to

> do it and I can't seem to find anything that tells how you do it?

Any

> help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

>

> Much Love and Peace...Katherine

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out.

>

>

Thank you for the information. Here is the information I recieved.

KARA - Iron or Steel Bracelet: The metal around the wrist affects the ions in the electromagnetic field, aligning them and reducing harmful free radicals known to degenerate cells. Psychologically wearing kara helps fulfill the human longing to belong, the circle signifying and reminding us of our eternal link with our infinity and our divinity.

KESH - Long, Uncut Hair: Three years after the last time the hairs on the head are cut antennae form on the ends of the hairs which cause these conductors to draw in greater amounts of vitamin D from the sun and other more subtle forms of cosmic energy to strengthen the human. Practically speaking when our bodies are not required to devote constant energy to regrowing the hairs we would daily cut from our face, legs, head, and under arms, etc. (depending on gender) we have greater psychic energy reserves and resources at our disposal. Only the experience of not cutting the hairs can give one a full understanding of the psychic power one gains from this discipline. The story of Samson in the Judeo-Christian Bible describes the same phenomena.. Then of course, there is the benefit of coiling the hairs on the head in a rishi knot or juurha at the crown. Rishi means sage. The rishi knot is called the seat of power and energy of the sage. When the hair is coiled or tied in a

juurha at the top of the head, it focuses the creative energy of the body and spirit on the crown chakra. The channeled energy helps us to focus better mentally, and bring a meditative mind to all we do. By pulling the hairs together in the juurha at the crown, we also decrease the movement of the skull bones. A natural cranial adjustment is derived, which increases mental equilibrium. The effects of the juurha hold equally for men and women, giving balance, strength, and clarity. Again, only by experiencing this powerful discipline can one feel the difference when the hairs are not tied and allowed to fly free - how mentally scattered one feels - until once again the hairs are combed and smoothed upward into a coil at the crown.

KANGA - Wooden Comb: Have you noticed how combing the hair with plastic or metal or almost any other substance causes static electricity to fly from the hair? Combing hair with a wooden comb is calming and so pleasant for the head and hairs A wooded comb is practically beneficial in the way the wood smoothes and preserves hairs from breakage. Wood is simply more healthy for the hair, and there is a psychological benefit gained in the calming effect it has in smoothing the electrical charge around the hair and in the electromagnetic field.

KACHERAS - Special Underwear: Kacheras create a pocket air around the thighs and pelvic area which strengthens the nervous system and helps to balance the internal temperature. The knot tied at the navel maintains a pressure over the diaphragm or solar plexus that improves digestion and improves strength of will.

KIRPAN - Sacred Sword: Keeping the sword sacred holds one of the greatest practical benefits of the times. Guru Gobind Singh taught us that when we have respect and reverence for our weapons, we would never abuse their power. He said "When all peaceful means have failed, it is right and just to raise the sword." Therefore it is incumbent upon a Sikh to be skilled as a diplomat to artfully and gracefully make every effort to resolve a situation peacefully. But when all peaceful means have failed, Sikhs know how to defend themselves against the harmful attacks of others. Sikhs are peace loving and do not wish to harm or kill anyone - or allow others to harm or kill anyone. When we teach our children to respect and revere weapons, to maintain the discipline of keeping the sword sacred, to wear kirpan at our side in reverence, to bless langar and prasad with its power, Guru Gobind Singh also gave the promise that we would be protected from being harmed by others' weapons - a

very practical benefit indeed.

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Kundaliniyoga, "Katherine" <katsam19 wrote:

>

> Hello Guys,

>

> Do any of you know how to wind long hair into a Rishi Knot on top of

> your head? I have tried to find information on the internet on how

to

> do it and I can't seem to find anything that tells how you do it?

Any

> help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

>

> Much Love and Peace...Katherine

>

Sat Nam,

Katherine

Check out the archives, there was a discussion a while ago about Rishi

knots.

Peace Love & all Light

Guru Sadhana Seva

Phila,PA