IndiaDivine.org

[kundalini Yoga] technique for meditation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well, there are lots lots of technique and ways and mantra's etc etc. Basic in short is that, we need to control the breath(prana) and make them flow in the sushmana(there are 3 main channels, IDA PINGLA SUSHMANA). In a normal human, ALWAYS lda and pingla are active, or we can say, prana flow in both these. what we need is to make them flow in the channel between IDA and Pingla, which is called sushmana.

prana move to sushmana behind the Kundalini(automatically), and also follows mana/ jeeva. mana would get dissolved later on as kundalini would move upwards, and jeeva would meet and merge in shiva(or brahma or whatever). that is it actually. to raise kundalini, you have to wake it up from its sleep. waking up can happen in number of ways, one connected with prana is that, you need to increase the length of your breath, which would generate lot of heat in and around mulaadhara, and which eventually would wake kundalini up.

I recommend, one good book, The Serpent Power by Arthur Avalon(Sir John Woodruffe). This one is very very comprehensive and detailed.

for me though, it was always like, that myself (body/ mind/ soul whatever) always knew which one i need to choose and even how to perform it..

Simple example, when we feel cold, we tend to take a position(posture) which is best for conserving heat(we tend to try bcme like a circle). Now, this IS scientific, science also tells us that taking form of a circle is the best way to conserve the energy(heat) and therefore, what we do without even knowing, is something which is highly accurate and scientific.

Similarly for me, it was always like this with respect to any meditation. I just used to try focus on the inside and do whatever happens naturally(automatically). I just kept going and things came naturally. For example - i never formally read about shavaasna before i actually started practising it. I just lied down and wanted to calm myself, and naturally mySELF, told me to focus on breath, leave the body free etc etc. It was the same with 3rd eye(ajna chakra), i didnot know anything about kundalini etc, but i was naturally doing things to open my 3rd eye.

all the best.

Abhishek Gunjan <a.gunjan007 (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:

Jai Gurudev,

Thanx a lot for a wonderful insight. I am Abhishek Gunjan and holds interest in meditation. I have heard that the thing that you are experiencing is experienced when you start enlightening your energy levels.

Could be please help me how you did meditation to get to this level. I have read couple of books on kundalini, but all these people speak about their experience. could you please illustrate me with the meditation procedures and the pre-requisite involved in kundalini meditation.

Sat Nam,

Abhishek Gunjan

na <sonae_78 > wrote: I want to find out if someone has information/ experience about

something which i am experiencing. And what should i do.

When i close my eyes and start meditate, after few minutes, i start

seeing these expanding circles of light. These are very consistent

frequency. They start out of nowhere(really nowhere) and they expand

and expand and than suddenly they are gone.sometimes it is only one

circle, sometimes 2 or 3 also. There isalso no particular point or

part of head where they start from. Sometimes they start from right

side, sometime left and sometimes from centre.

Sometimes, i am not able to see the starting location(there is not one

particular point ever), which is above my line of vision. sometimes

they are at the same level as my line of vision.

I do feel quite relaxed when i am able to focus on them. And apart

from that, there is no other change in state of mind..

I want to know what should i do. Should i try to nail the starting and

ending point(if yes than HOW).

Find out what India is talking about on - Answers India

Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Messenger Version 8. Get it NOW