IndiaDivine.org

Blessed retreat

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste and a big-time THANK YOU to the Devi Mandir family for the wonderful retreat.

Really, I don't know what could have made it better, it was perfect. I first visited Devi Mandir

on June 28, 1998. Maa and Swamiji were gone that day. Whatever disappointment I might

have felt was mitigated by the sweetness of the devotees present, and the shakti in the air. I

returned in three weeks and saw Maa and Swamiji for the first time. I went to Devi Mandir

three more times that year, watching Maa every moment I could and trying to understand

why she is so different. I think it was the fourth darshan that year when I finally suspended

disbelief long enough to see the truth that I was actually in the presence of a living Goddess.

All that she did, the gestures and movements, her expressions, her speech and singing, her

worship, carrriage and demeanor - it was all understandable only if I assumed that she is a

Goddess. Soon after I discovered that Maa is everywhere, and comes when we meditate and

pray for her. Since that first visit in 1998 I had returned only 15 times before last weekend's

retreat. The retreat made me feel even more intensely what I always feel around Maa - pure

love and shakti. Staying at Devi Mandir longer than usual led me to realize that Maa's pure

love and pure example of divinity will eventually spread to every corner of the globe and

create a world that mirrors Devi Mandir. I arrived Friday believing that humans will certainly

destroy the habitat. I left Sunday believing that the Divine World of the Chandi will be

established everywhere. God bless Swamiji and Maa! Jai Maa! ~ Chris