IndiaDivine.org

The retreat: A story

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Here is a story I just found that Shree Maa told many years ago. Once again finding

this story was very timely. Swamiji translated from Bengali into English. This story

reminded me not only of the people who came for the retreat but of this whole entire

satsang!

One day Rama was having a conversation with Lakshman. Sita was sitting near by.

Lakshman said to Rama, "Brother, after all of these years of wondering in the forest we

have met so many great Rshis and I can't even remember all of their names." Rama said,

"It is not so important to remember their names. It is not even so important to

remember what they said. What is really important, is that when you go to a sadhu with

an open heart and you pay attention to their attitude, to their bhava, you will get fruit, a

reward, even without trying to memorize anything or without trying to practice

anything."

"Lakshman said, "How do you get fruit, a reward, just by seeing a sadhu?"

Rama said, "It is just like when the sun comes up in the morning, and you sit in the sun,

you get the warmth of the sun just from its own rays. That warmth permeates your body

with comfort, joy, gladness, and goodness. In the same way when you go to visit a sadhu

and you listen to the sincerity of committment, you get the benefit much more than you

get from memorizing thousands of principles designed by intellectuals."

Even though many of you in this satsang have never been to Devi Mandir, you still

get lots of fruit by paying attention to the bhava the gurus are trying to generate through

these on line satsangs and the many wonderful stories, videos, songs, etc. on our website

shreemaa.org.

May the bhava grow more and more towards light, love, peace and joy!

nicely told, parvati.

steve

, "parv108" <parv108 wrote:

>

> Here is a story I just found that Shree Maa told many years ago. Once again finding

> this story was very timely. Swamiji translated from Bengali into English. This story

> reminded me not only of the people who came for the retreat but of this whole entire

> satsang!

>

> One day Rama was having a conversation with Lakshman. Sita was sitting near by.

> Lakshman said to Rama, "Brother, after all of these years of wondering in the forest we

> have met so many great Rshis and I can't even remember all of their names." Rama

said,

> "It is not so important to remember their names. It is not even so important to

> remember what they said. What is really important, is that when you go to a sadhu

with

> an open heart and you pay attention to their attitude, to their bhava, you will get fruit,

a

> reward, even without trying to memorize anything or without trying to practice

> anything."

> "Lakshman said, "How do you get fruit, a reward, just by seeing a sadhu?"

> Rama said, "It is just like when the sun comes up in the morning, and you sit in the

sun,

> you get the warmth of the sun just from its own rays. That warmth permeates your

body

> with comfort, joy, gladness, and goodness. In the same way when you go to visit a

sadhu

> and you listen to the sincerity of committment, you get the benefit much more than

you

> get from memorizing thousands of principles designed by intellectuals."

>

> Even though many of you in this satsang have never been to Devi Mandir, you still

> get lots of fruit by paying attention to the bhava the gurus are trying to generate

through

> these on line satsangs and the many wonderful stories, videos, songs, etc.. on our

website

> shreemaa.org.

>

> May the bhava grow more and more towards light, love, peace and joy!

>

Jai Maa! This is perfect and beautiful!

Blessings,

Surya

-

parv108

Saturday, October 07, 2006 4:05 PM

[www.ShreeMaa.org] The retreat: A story

Here is a story I just found that Shree Maa told many years ago. Once again finding

this story was very timely. Swamiji translated from Bengali into English. This story

reminded me not only of the people who came for the retreat but of this whole entire

satsang!

One day Rama was having a conversation with Lakshman. Sita was sitting near by.

Lakshman said to Rama, "Brother, after all of these years of wondering in the forest we

have met so many great Rshis and I can't even remember all of their names.." Rama said,

"It is not so important to remember their names. It is not even so important to

remember what they said. What is really important, is that when you go to a sadhu with

an open heart and you pay attention to their attitude, to their bhava, you will get fruit, a

reward, even without trying to memorize anything or without trying to practice

anything."

"Lakshman said, "How do you get fruit, a reward, just by seeing a sadhu?"

Rama said, "It is just like when the sun comes up in the morning, and you sit in the sun,

you get the warmth of the sun just from its own rays. That warmth permeates your body

with comfort, joy, gladness, and goodness. In the same way when you go to visit a sadhu

and you listen to the sincerity of committment, you get the benefit much more than you

get from memorizing thousands of principles designed by intellectuals."

Even though many of you in this satsang have never been to Devi Mandir, you still

get lots of fruit by paying attention to the bhava the gurus are trying to generate through

these on line satsangs and the many wonderful stories, videos, songs, etc.. on our website

shreemaa.org.

May the bhava grow more and more towards light, love, peace and joy!