IndiaDivine.org

Ravana realized God

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hari bol

pamho

The following interesting quote is from:

http://www.mythfolklore.net/india/encyclopedia/astra.htm

Ravana now shot off what he considered his deadliest weapon - a trident endowed with extraordinary destructive power, once gifted to Ravana by the gods. When it started on its journey there was real panic all round. It came on flaming toward Rama, its speed or course unaffected by the arrows he flung at it.

When Rama noticed his arrows falling down ineffectively while the trident sailed towards him, for a moment he lost heart. When it came quite near, he uttered a certain mantra from the depth of his being and while he was breathing out the incantation, an esoteric syllable in perfect timing, the trident collapsed. Ravana, who had been so certain of vanquishing Rama with his trident, was astonished to see it fall down within an inch of him, and for a minute wondered if his adversary might not after all be a divine being although he looked lik a mortal. Ravana thought to himself, "This s, perhaps, the highest God. Who could he be? Not Siva, for Siva is my supporter; he could not be Brahma, who is four faced; could not be Vishnu, because of my immunity from the weapons of the whole trinity. Perhaps this man is the primordial being, the cause behind the whole universe. But whoever he may be, I will not stop my fight until I

defeat and crush him or at least take him prisoner."

Hare Krishna

ard

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.