IndiaDivine.org

[Sri Ramakrishna] Contradictions?? in the advice of Master and Disciple

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Hari,

Namaskar. Even in 21st century, pious souls exist who had seen Divine Mother in complete physical form. I am not mentioning about visions or illusions, but a real physical appearance. Hence there is no reason why anyone should contradict or have doubts about appearence of Divine Mother. Unfortunately these holy people do not come to public due to their own private reasons.

Whatever may be their private reasons, but truth remain unchanged and unchallengeable that Divine Mother appearance is reality and is possible by true sincere devotion.. I request everyone in Divine Mother path to give up their doubts and pray for her blessings with complete faith.

Source : Lectures by Learned Saints

Best Regards

Upendra V

"Krishnan, Harihara" <harihara.krishnan (AT) eds (DOT) com>

Ramakrishna

Friday, 24 November, 2006 11:45:37 AM

[sri Ramakrishna] Contradictions?? in the advice of Master and Disciple

Dear friends,

I was reading the book by Abhedananda on the sayings of Sri Ramakrishna, lately. In several places I came across the

injunction of Sri Ramakrishna that 'namasamkeerthanam' is the way to reach God in this Kali Age, especially for householders. If one prays to God with sincerity and with desperation to see God, God would definitely appear before him. For householders, with numerous daily tasks to attend to, chanting God's names is suggested as the best way. But if you take up the works of Swami Vivekananda you would hardly find any material suggesting this course.

Instead, what we have is fiery exhortations to rouse up the inner self inside ourselves and work for the upliftment of humanity.

People who have attained to wisdom might not find any contradiction here between the sayings of the master and his chosen disciple and could possibly explain. I must admit that I do get confused at times.... Do let me know your

thoughts!

with regards,

Hari

Jai Maa!!

This is a thought wave of a humble devotee.............Kindly disregard them if it is irrelevant ...............

Bhagawan (Ramakrishna) was a compendium of spritual practice and he was refering to nama sankritan as the school of bhakthi yoga ( union by devotion) popularised by Chaitanya Mahaprabhu in Bengal before his arrival and the focus was for the grihastha householder in village in India who have not yet been able to spend entire time in spiritual pursuit like those in the final varna called sannyasa or renounced monk in India

Whereas Swami Maharaj ( Vivekananda) is teaching not in India but for western world who are more inclined towards jnana yoga (union by knowledge ) .Even if the arguement is that the teaching is also for india then it is for the educated or westernised indian who are educated in British system at that point of time -not the same group as Bhagawan teaching earlier as seen above . So the mind is more adopted than the heart . The teaching is not confusing but the learners are diffrent group therefore different implication .

In highest end ( vedanta) all path (bhakthi or jnan or karma) could lead to the same goal but teachers teach according to one's inclination -therefore I suggest you pray for guru who could lead you to the right path relevant to you ...................

University in diversity is the beauty of hindusim alone !!!!!

God is with form , formless and also beyond..............................

Jai Maa!!

p/s : The Gospel or other writing on Ramakrishna is done by Ramakrishna Math monks therefore the inclination is towards vedanta yoga (knowledge). Do remember even gospel is only two volume condensation compared to actual bengal version by grihastha - householder M definately more than that !!!!

upendra rao <upendrav2003 (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:

Dear Hari,

Namaskar. Even in 21st century, pious souls exist who had seen Divine Mother in complete physical form. I am not mentioning about visions or illusions, but a real physical appearance. Hence there is no reason why anyone should contradict or have doubts about appearence of Divine Mother. Unfortunately these holy people do not come to public due to their own private reasons.

Whatever may be their private reasons, but truth remain unchanged and unchallengeable that Divine Mother appearance is reality and is possible by true sincere devotion.. I request everyone in Divine Mother path to give up their doubts and pray for her blessings with complete faith.

Source : Lectures by Learned Saints

Best Regards

Upendra V

"Krishnan, Harihara" <harihara.krishnan (AT) eds (DOT) com>

Ramakrishna

Friday, 24 November, 2006 11:45:37 AM

[sri Ramakrishna] Contradictions?? in the advice of Master and Disciple

Dear friends,

I was reading the book by Abhedananda on the sayings of Sri Ramakrishna, lately. In several places I came across the

injunction of Sri Ramakrishna that 'namasamkeerthanam' is the way to reach God in this Kali Age, especially for householders. If one prays to God with sincerity and with desperation to see God, God would definitely appear before him. For householders, with numerous daily tasks to attend to, chanting God's names is suggested as the best way. But if you take up the works of Swami Vivekananda you would hardly find any material suggesting this course.

Instead, what we have is fiery exhortations to rouse up the inner self inside ourselves and work for the upliftment of humanity.

People who have attained to wisdom might not find any contradiction here between the sayings of the master and his chosen disciple and could possibly explain. I must admit that I do get confused at times.... Do let me know your

thoughts!

with regards,

Hari

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail beta.