IndiaDivine.org

Astrological Bangles of Swami Sri Yukteswar (yes)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hello rishi!

out of curiosity i opened this message and then came to know what it was all about.

oh yes , a friend of mine who has the book and has read it and has recommended it to me, wears one!!! but as far as i know he has got it made to order.i can find out more and let you know, if interested further...keep in touch.regards...rhoda

rishi2403 <rishi.am > wrote:

Dear Friends

I tried for answers on another ist but to no avail so I am trying here.

I am trying to get an astrological bangle for myself as mentioned in the famous book

'Autobiography of a Yogi' but wanted some guidance from learned astrologers here

whether this is a accepted practice. Also has anyone tried this bangle and what is the

experience with it ? is it true that such bangles or 'kadas' are quite common among

bengalis ?

For more information - http://astrologicalbangles.com/

----------

http://reluctant-messenger.com/yogananda/chapter_16.htm

"It is only when a traveler has reached his goal that he is justified in discarding his maps.

During the journey, he takes advantage of any convenient short cut. The ancient rishis

discovered many ways to curtail the period of man's exile in delusion. There are certain

mechanical features in the law of karma which can be skillfully adjusted by the fingers of

wisdom.

"All human ills arise from some transgression of universal law. The scriptures point out

that man must satisfy the laws of nature, while not discrediting the divine omnipotence.

He should say: 'Lord, I trust in Thee, and know Thou canst help me, but I too will do my

best to undo any wrong I have done.' By a number of means—by prayer, by will power, by

yoga meditation, by consultation with saints, by use of astrological bangles—the adverse

effects of past wrongs can be minimized or nullified.

"Just as a house can be fitted with a copper rod to absorb the shock of lightning, so the

bodily temple can be benefited by various protective measures. Ages ago our yogis

discovered that pure metals emit an astral light which is powerfully counteractive to

negative pulls of the planets. Subtle electrical and magnetic radiations are constantly

circulating in the universe; when a man's body is being aided, he does not know it; when it

is being disintegrated, he is still in ignorance. Can he do anything about it?

"This problem received attention from our rishis; they found helpful not only a

combination of metals, but also of plants and—most effective of all—faultless jewels of

not less than two carats. The preventive uses of astrology have seldom been seriously

studied outside of India. One little-known fact is that the proper jewels, metals, or plant

preparations are valueless unless the required weight is secured, and unless these

remedial agents are worn next to the skin."

Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited.