IndiaDivine.org

advaitin] The Theory of Evolution and the Vedic perspective of Creation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

From; H.N.Sreenivasa Murthy

Pranams to all.

Quite a lot of letters have appeared on the above subject and yet no final answer has been found to the question.That shows that the question itself is a flawed one.

Let us see what Sri Sankara says. In the commentaries, he has told many many times that any kind of such discussion on Srishti is a fruitless one and he has said very clearly that Sruthi does not evince any kind of interest in teaching about creation.On the other hand our attention should always be on the CREATOR Viz. sraShTRu So in the light of the above, any discussion on DSV , SDV etc.etc.about are meaningless and fruitless. Such discussions may satisfy our puny intellect, but it never helps one, even a whit, to reallly understanand and realize the TRUTH of genuine AdwaithaVedanta . In this connection I would like to draw the attention to the following Upanishad Mantra:

tamEva dhIrO vij~jAya praj~JAnAM kurvIta brAhmaNaH |

nAnudhyAyAdbahUn SabdAn vAcO viglApanagM hi tat ||

The intelligent aspirant after Brahman, knowing about this alone, should attain intuitive knowledge. He should not think of too many words, for it is particularly fatiguing to the organ of speech.

[brihadaranyaka Upanishad; 4-4-21]

Sri Gaudapada says `'avivAdO aviruddhaSca' .Speculation has no place and should not find a place in Vedanta, because Upanishds reveal facts which can be cognized and realized HERE and NOW. This is the genuine Shankara TRADITION. Adwaitha has nothing to oppose , includes everything but transcends all.

It has been observed that of late, too much of matters not pertaining to genuine ShankaraVedanta are appearing thereby defeating the very purpose of this group.

I request the learned and enlightened members to pardon me for openly stating some of the thoughts which were in my mind from some time. I request them to ponder over and correct me if I have erred. Such constructive corrections are welcomed wholeheartedly.

With warm and respectful regards,

Sreenivasa Murthy

Find out what India is talking about on - Answers India

Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Messenger Version 8. Get it NOW