IndiaDivine.org

Para vani

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have read about different levels of speech vaikhari,madhyama,

pashyanti and para.

Could some one please explain what is para and how can we experience it ?

Thanks

Regards

Sumanta

>From a yogic perspective there are secret kriyas which allow you to master what is essentially otherwise known as shabdha and spandha. Kriya is not pranayama (that is hatha) however within its execution there is the implementation of 9 mudras. I believe that bhramri mudra can be helpful in this event however this is purely scriptural. Svetasvatara and Mandukya speak of other phenomena, which alludes to an overall evolution of the self within which the change in the medium of communication is just one element.

Anecdotal evidence from Tunganatha's book (i.e. the Swami Rama following) and Svaboda (i.e. Vimalananda and a generic overview of "Aghoris") suggest that within that parampara you will find certain sadhanas and yogic practices which may cause this.

Agama and Sri Vidya tantras mention this in detail, they proceed to state that Neelasaraswati, Vagvadini and Shyama are goddesses which give mastery of Vahni. Mahodadhi also gives a very potent mantra of Triloka Mohana Gauri Vidya, which I believe achieves this; However this is my personal belief :) I was personally patra of this vidya due to my background. Be sure you have relevant diksha either directly in this or another vidya which allows you to be patra of this mantra.

If you proceed to study trIka or kaula texts like shiva samhita, you will find more practical information on this field. Spandha is something focussed in the Shaiva siddhanta.

Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger.

----- Forwarded Message ----

Douglas DeMasters <dougnarada >

; Douglas DeMasters <dougnarada >

Cc: Virendra Qazi <virendraqazi (AT) (DOT) co.in>; Virendra Qazi <pomposh >

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 4:36:23 AM

Re: Para vani

This piece is from my friend Virendra Qazi. Perhaps it may help.

Doug

DOCTRINE OF THE FOUR STAGES IN THE MANIFESTATION OF SPEECH.

To understand the manifestation of Maya Shakti from the level of Param Shiva, it is important to consider the process and stages in the manifestation of speech. Bharatrhari, the originator of the philosophy of Sanskrit grammer, says in his Vakyapadiya: "The eternally existent Brahman, being the changeless essence of speech appears in the form of the phenominal substance out of which the process of universal existence proceeds". The authors of Kashmir Shaivism have explained in detail the concept of SABDABRAHMAN.

Speech is not only the means to convey one's ideas to others, it is also a way to understand things personally. When we choose to convey ideas to others, we generally use spoken language, known as VAIKHARI. A finer form of speech that serves as the medium for thinking and understanding, through which a person forms definite and indefinite ideas about words and their meanings, is the mental

speech called MADHYAMA. It is an internal reflection of manifestation of awareness taking the form of ideas. There is a still finer level of speech, far subtler in character and resides in the inner-most part of our being. It is called PASYANTI. It is known as the "be-holding speech" because through its medium enlightened people can behold all objective existence within themselves. Beyond

this is PARAVAC the supreme speech or the transcendental speech.

This consists of pure awareness of the self. It is also called PARAVANI. This doctrine can also be understood by the example of an artist's creation from the grossest to the finest level. His tangible creation like a painting etc. can be VAIKHARI and the images formed mentally, where his creation shines within him in the form of MADHYAMA. Before even this exists a subtle creative urge like a stir, or restlessness or inward flutter which is PASYANTI. Finally, at the most subtle level, the original seed of the artistic creation lies in the inner most center which is shining as PARAVAC, the Supreme speech.

This is from my lecture:

Maya & Aesthetics in Kashmir Shaivism.

Love, Virendra

sumantkb <sumantkb >

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 9:57:33 PM

Para vani

I have read about different levels of speech vaikhari,madhyama,

pashyanti and para.Could some one please explain what is para and how can we experience it ?

Thanks

Regards

Sumanta